A minor issue with combat results

Problems with the PC Alpha Demo? Let us know!
(the demo being Alpha doesn't count as a technical support issue)
Kris Lighthawk

A minor issue with combat results

Post by Kris Lighthawk » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:39 pm

I have noticed the sometimes the result of combat is not exactly want it shown in the chart.
For example, the chart says that both sides should lose one combat readiness, but one side actually loses 2, or it says that there should be no losses but both siders loses 1…
It doesn’t happen very often but often enough that I have noticed it like 5-7 times during my playthrough of all the demo scenarios

Otherwise I am very impressed how stable the alpha demo has been running… Good job! :)

ddub
Kerberos

Re: A minor issue with combat results

Post by ddub » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:41 pm

Taking a look.
Any other info to help reproduce this?
Did you support?
Was there defensive support?

Thanks,

Kris Lighthawk

Post by Kris Lighthawk » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:50 pm

I am not sure… I think it mostly (perhaps only) happened when the AI attacked my units. Sometimes defensive support was involved, but I don’t think it was always the case. The only consistent thing about it was that it only seemed to happen when the combat was fairly even (when the result should have been 1:1 or 0:0)

Kris Lighthawk

Post by Kris Lighthawk » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:20 am

Well, I have found one way that you can get incorrect combat results now. It may have been what has happened all the times I have noticed incorrect combat results.
If a combat card (like death from above) is played on your unit before it attacks an enemy everything works as it should, but if the card s played after you have clicked attack and selected a target, then the odd things starts to happen. The combat chart shows the correct results (better odds for the attacker), but the actual combat result is what you would have gotten had you not played the card… In the combat result screen the card is also not shown on “card on unit” (but oddly enough when clicking on the odds, the bonus from the card is shown in the screen you get from that)

Also while testing this, I noticed something else: When saving the game in the combat phase the game is saved incorrectly, so when you reload, all your unit will show as being out of supply, and you will have lost the cards you get from having space superiority

ddub
Kerberos

Post by ddub » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:07 pm

That could be a case, will look into that.

Thanks,

Return to “Alpha Demo Technical Support”