Division commander death = game over, Problematic?

Thoughts on the Alpha demo? Let us know!
Kris Lighthawk

Division commander death = game over, Problematic?

Post by Kris Lighthawk » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:29 pm

I have now played through all the scenarios in the alpha demo, and I must say that I really like the game a lot so far. Even this very basic version is a lot of fun. :)
The AI is doing a good job of keeping the player under pressure (most of the time anyway, in the scenario with the geothermals it didn’t do well at all) but what should have been very difficult games for me suddenly became easy wins when the AI eventually moved is division commander to the frontline…
Even if the AI becomes better at protecting its DC, I fear that the game may end up being how to most effectively snipe the DC even in multiplayer…
Perhaps an army should continue fighting as long as it has any unit cable of providing supply? (Perhaps with a penalty to the whole army for not having a DC)
Alternatively the DC could be made even tougher and/or there could always be 2 or more DCs on each side.

Nall White

Re: Division commander death = game over, Problematic?

Post by Nall White » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:43 pm

Kris Lighthawk wrote:I have now played through all the scenarios in the alpha demo, and I must say that I really like the game a lot so far. Even this very basic version is a lot of fun. :)
The AI is doing a good job of keeping the player under pressure (most of the time anyway, in the scenario with the geothermals it didn’t do well at all) but what should have been very difficult games for me suddenly became easy wins when the AI eventually moved is division commander to the frontline…
Even if the AI becomes better at protecting its DC, I fear that the game may end up being how to most effectively snipe the DC even in multiplayer…
Perhaps an army should continue fighting as long as it has any unit cable of providing supply? (Perhaps with a penalty to the whole army for not having a DC)
Alternatively the DC could be made even tougher and/or there could always be 2 or more DCs on each side.

I was thinking the same thing. Like popping the CnC ship and that fleet is disbanded until a new CnC in made. But, can finish that fight. Maybe have a rare card that can air drop a new one. Also, upcoming Loa units (all digits crossed) could take a turn to morph into a commander unit make tactic useless. :twisted:
I'm NOT a cat!

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:16 am

Please play all the battles before making incorrect conclusions on how all battles work;). You missed that there was no divisional commander in the swamp battle;) and missed in the briefing for the breach scenario that the whole battle was based on the actions of one warlord:)

Kris Lighthawk

Post by Kris Lighthawk » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Mecron wrote:Please play all the battles before making incorrect conclusions on how all battles work;). You missed that there was no divisional commander in the swamp battle;) and missed in the briefing for the breach scenario that the whole battle was based on the actions of one warlord:)

Those are good points (although the humans did had a DC in the swamp battle which made it a little too easy to win)
If One DS per side is not going to be standard in the final game, I see no problems, I just wanted to point out ther there might be a problem with easy wins because of DS sniping.
The AI needs to be better at protecting its commanders no matter what though.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:25 pm

And alpha demos need nice quick resolving battles. ;)

Xonosch

Post by Xonosch » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:34 am

In the last scenario (city defense) the enemy commander directly attacked me only after most of his other troops were killed by me. This was his last resort. His attack run may have been triggered by the scenario, but in my play-through I had not the impression that commanders tend to throw their lives away. Of course, we'll have to see how they behave in the final version when all things are in place.

Return to “Suggestions”