Can we get an Entrenchment Mechanic?

Thoughts on the Alpha demo? Let us know!
DirectorNeumann

Can we get an Entrenchment Mechanic?

Post by DirectorNeumann » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:00 am

Simple question, can we get an entrenchment mechanic?

Entrenchment is essentially 'digging in' and making foxholes and trenches to hide in from light artillery bombardment and long/medium range attacks that don't involve giant explosions. Only ground units can use this.

However, I believe it would have to spend a percentage of MP to get themselves out of the entrenchment, leaving it on the battlefield and able to be used again.

That's what I'm thinking.

Since I can't find a suggestion forum for new games, I suggest using the idea behind Panzer Elite where you're commanding a tank, or a pair of tanks, or a 'toon of tanks, or even a brigade of tanks. A game like this isn't around anymore sadly. :( Maybe you can help it out by showing that you can make it fun while challenging like The Pit?

Space Voyager

Re: Can we get an Entrenchment Mechanic?

Post by Space Voyager » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:08 am

Ah, I think Panzer General had such an entrenchment, applied automatically if an infantry unit didn't move. Was a cool option to prevent a complete dominance of armour.
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:22 am

Engineer units will be able to create three levels of fortifications for other units...as well as bridges and airfields ;)

DirectorNeumann

Post by DirectorNeumann » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Mecron wrote:Engineer units will be able to create three levels of fortifications for other units...as well as bridges and airfields ;)

Oh yes!

Also, do you like my possible future project idea of being a tanker in SotS-verse? Might be awesome IMHO.

Sayeth

Post by Sayeth » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:55 am

DirectorNeumann wrote:
Mecron wrote:Engineer units will be able to create three levels of fortifications for other units...as well as bridges and airfields ;)

Oh yes!

Also, do you like my possible future project idea of being a tanker in SotS-verse? Might be awesome IMHO.

I personally would love to see more of Liir/Morrigi environments and characters as they were kind of underrepresented in The Pit and are missing altogether in Ground Pounders. But hey, there is always a chance for DLC or a next game... right? 8)
"Life doesn't exist anywhere but Earth?"
That's like taking a cup of ocean water and saying there aren't any whales in the ocean.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:30 pm

get the funding flowing and you will see some stretch goals about other races ;)

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:34 pm

I just played through the tutorial and the enemy Hiver tank was entrenched. Did you guys implement this already since the OP!? O_o
How to manage your Hacker
How to hack your Manager

Return to “Suggestions”