foreign forum feedback gathering thread

Thoughts on the Alpha demo? Let us know!
Vanish

foreign forum feedback gathering thread

Post by Vanish » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:33 am

This thread is to assist KB's feedback-gathering efforts by taking the good in our foreign forum experiences with other users, and turning it into something useful to present to KB. If anybody wishes to participate, outside insight is welcome, but let's try to keep this topic as straightfoward and useful as possible.

At the moment I don't have too much, but I expect this to get exponentially larger as more forums are covered and intereracted with.
:mg: Some demo players seem to feel daunted by the prospect of turns separated into 6 phases, and most specifically express concerns about the limits of the current dice assignment system, as far as seamlessness goes (read: they think the entire process could use a speed-up). Such players also brought up the question of: How can the current system allow for an acceptable pace in end-game and large scale battles with 20-30+ units on each side ?
:mg: Some users expressed they wanted to "feel" more of the SotSverse as they play or watch the game. Just relaying it, maybe it'll assist the creative process.
:mg: A personal observation I've made across multiple forums; the game feature that seems like it would catch the most attention is the tactical depth. Specific units pros, cons and abilities. Tactical resolving of dangerous situations. Devious card combos....etc. This kind of thing could be awesome in caption'd pictures or mini-videos, and IMO sets your game appart.

Overall, your creativity and artistic/lore talents don't seem to be challenged very much, even among semi-skepticals. Thus, I think stuffing people's faces with the crunchy, down-and-dirty gameplay details is a logical move =) This is IMO what will truly push people to download the demo(s) and potentially get hooked from there.

That's all for now, on my end. Hope this hits the mark on what was requested.
"We have such sights to show you."
-Hellraiser

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: foreign forum feedback gathering thread

Post by Mecron » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:37 am

Right, first off this is about what people don't understand clearly or would enjoy seeing demonstrated. Posting their second guessing or doubts is not useful unless cast in way that shows those fears are groundless. (There is an auto assign key for dice) ;)

Points about feel are ineffable without actual suggestions. Passing it along is static without signal.

Your third point is useful and actual breakdowns/chats on certain units or cards could be a cool thing to do.

ddub
Kerberos

Post by ddub » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:40 am

Just wanted to point out, anything that has an animation can be tapped to skip the anims (dice bar, click dice bar, roll results table, click table...).

Thanks,

Vanish

Post by Vanish » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:14 pm

Okeedoo take two...

:mg: What are going to be some of the main differences between the Alpha and the Beta?
:mg: The fact that this is an Android-compatible Alpha demo aside, there's interest in how you plan to develop/streamline the turn interface. "Do more stuff in less clicks", essentially.
:mg: Some players are still a bit unclear on how to handle a full turn in a multi-front battle. One particular suggestion was having a dev take us through a couple of intense, busy turns in Ground Pounders (with audio commentary), to see someone comfortable with the controls/game flow at play.
:mg: As far as internet-enabled features go, leaderboards, tournament mode and card/deck exchanges were brought up.

hopefully a bit closer to the mark. I may need a hug :evil:
"We have such sights to show you."
-Hellraiser

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:35 pm

cool feedback...doing a walk through video is a good idea. Though I fear those already counting clicks will never quite be satisfied ;)
The biggest alpha to beta shift will be MP of course, though content will be a close second. Literally there are dozens of cards and units and map conditions that will see the light of day between those 2 states.

I can say now that exchanging decks per se will not happen but deck PLANS, like playlists, is something we have talked about...definitely a stretch thing though. ANd a big thumbs up to leaderboards etc.

Return to “Suggestions”