Zuul cruiser tactics.

Discuss ships, sections, and designs.
martinl

Re: Zuul cruiser tactics.

Post by martinl » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:53 pm

ignus wrote:In my experience, the trick is not firing it at a ship directly behind the bore because that is painful. Better to aim it a little to the left or the right.

The NC creates a powerful attractive field at the aiming point. Ships will be hurled in that general direction, so your strategy should work.

It can be very fun to target the NC in between several closely packed cruisers, so you can watch them smash into each other.
-martinl
The Ammonite Heresy - Liir vs. Locusts
Bob and Fred's Excellent Adventure - Two Hippies, Seven Hard Zuul AIs

Mesaia

Post by Mesaia » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:56 am

martinl wrote:It can be very fun to target the NC in between several closely packed cruisers, so you can watch them smash into each other.

:lol:

This is the Zuul version of the Morrigi Mining Trap.

martinl

Post by martinl » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:01 pm

Mesaia wrote:
martinl wrote:It can be very fun to target the NC in between several closely packed cruisers, so you can watch them smash into each other.

:lol:

This is the Zuul version of the Morrigi Mining Trap.

For all we know, it is a modified MMT.
-martinl
The Ammonite Heresy - Liir vs. Locusts
Bob and Fred's Excellent Adventure - Two Hippies, Seven Hard Zuul AIs

NullDragon

Post by NullDragon » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Huh. Didn't know making everything bilingual in your tourist languages would make them stay longer. Does this work for all three of their languages?

Also another question... how much do the presents you leave behind for the families of the lucky tourists sway them? Wondering how many pleasure cruisers I need to sway a certain number of people on a possible factory site.

usermist2

Post by usermist2 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:46 pm

I'm not sure if pleasure cruisers leave more PR agents than funbusses (Wraiths), but its generally agreed that while you end up with less tourists on the funbusses, you leave more PR agents behind. Of course, you could just bomb the government to oblivion, and then land colonizers.

Things Go Better With C2H5OH.

NullDragon

Post by NullDragon » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:50 pm

Don't you mean drop fireworks into low orbit to raise goverment standing of you?

Grizzam

Post by Grizzam » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:25 pm

hammerhead section has been working out well for me, it boosts the already fairly quick ship speed, and I believe it also has room for some forwards facing PD.

On a sidenote, strafe sections with DF missiles are spectacular, just don't get caught in the way yourself lol

Return to “The Ships”