Construct Mk2?!?!

Discuss ships, sections, and designs.
Kiith-sa

Construct Mk2?!?!

Post by Kiith-sa » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:40 am

I was playing a game when i recived a message that the VN construct had somehow been taken down by the AI wich was quite cool since the VN Homewrold was pretty much next door to me. so I thoguth i would just drop in and finish the job..

about 10 turns later I reach the HW with my Dn fleet and.. Oh surprise! there is ANOTHER Construct being..well.. constructed :lol: . managed to take it down but I couldn't end the fight because of the losses.(damn those missiles are mean and it's not even the complete thing!). The funny thing is that after the battle the construct was labbeled as "VN Construct Mk2" so my question is... DOES THAT THING ACTUALLY GET STRONGER EACH TIME!!? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Im the Nomad of the Void...I come and go but never stay

patton1942

Re: Construct Mk2?!?!

Post by patton1942 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:22 pm

I don't think it does, thats probably just the game keeping track of which construct is which.

However, I could be wrong.
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

MrBoom

Post by MrBoom » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:49 pm

patton1942 wrote:I don't think it does, thats probably just the game keeping track of which construct is which.

However, I could be wrong.

Yeah, pretty sure that's how it works, although it would be kinda cool to have it gain strength each time one is destroyed. An added incentive to stomp the VN Homeworld quickly. It'd make sense though, since if Sparky Mk2 didn't have enough missiles to stop you, Spark Mk3 needs more :twisted: Or turreted impactors, those would be scary. :thumbsup:

usermist2

Post by usermist2 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:17 am

AFAIK, (since I've never actually played in a game with a construct), the constructs gain power after destroying systems, just like the real thing. (Disclaimer: I might be horribly right.)

Things Go Better With C2H5OH.

(name here)

Post by (name here) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:38 am

I always seem to miss out on the cool parts, like VN homeworlds or Morrigi encounters. :(

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:58 am

(name here) wrote:I always seem to miss out on the cool parts, like VN homeworlds or Morrigi encounters. :(

You need large maps and play fast races OTHER than Morrigi. Liir, Tarka or Humans are all good at being first at scouting new systems so play those.

If you play Morrigi you will not see these encounters as you will disable them and if you play as Hivers... You have a good chance that others will get to these encounters before you. The autoresolve system also lets them beat the encounters that they would not be able to in a played-out battle so there is not much left to be seen.
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

Return to “The Ships”