Need help

Discuss ships, sections, and designs.
Anaris

Re: Need help

Post by Anaris » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:50 am

no it wouldn't, because that's what the AI has been doing. your ship would drift forward to a stop while my ship is ACCELERATING backwards.

i'm not talking about crossing the t. i'm talking broadside-to-broadside; not a good idea against humans, but i found it useful for Tarka and Zuul, exactly BECAUSE they have lots of forward-firing guns, but in this instance no shields.

i said "chasing ship", ie, you're both moving in the same direction. Liir can almost instantly reverse direction of thrust, if you make sure they don't try to turn. they can't, however, outrun, um, anybody, meaning that any chasing situation i'm likely to be in involves a ship that is both bound by inertia and faster than me.

this tends to result in a ship turning towards me while i reach upright and resume accelerating past it, which is the situation the Liir want; nobody reorients and redirects as fast as us.
look, i'm being nice.

Mesaia

Post by Mesaia » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:52 am

Everybody can instantly reverse direction of thrust. Most people just can't see results as fast as the Liir.

I suppose this would be a good way to get the enemy to move past your ships and wind up further away from you.

Liir tend to have very nice forward fire too.

Anaris

Post by Anaris » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:03 am

...yes. those things are true.
look, i'm being nice.

Return to “The Ships”