Outnumbering Bonus

Discuss ships, sections, and designs.
ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Re: Outnumbering Bonus

Post by ZedF » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:46 am

Nspace wrote:Are you sure that the Zuul don't have Combat Algorithms or Holographic Tactics?

Definitely no combat algorithms or holographic tactics on the Zuul side.

Rather than post to the bug forum, I'll just ask the devs here -- is it intentional to be able to get outnumbering bonus reinforcements on both sides of the battle, for instance in the case where one side has only cruisers and the other only destroyers?
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:35 pm

Ok, this is definitely odd.

In my current game, when I play as Zuul, I get the same unusual outnumbering mechanics as I reported a while back, except now not in my favour.

If I bring 50 destroyers to fight an enemy's 20 destroyers, I don't get the extra CP for outnumbering. Instead, my enemy has more destroyers than I expected. I haven't double checked but again, it's early game and Combat Algorithms seems unlikely -- and even if the enemy did have Combat Algorithms, I still am outnumbering by enough that I should be getting outnumbering bonus CP.

NSpace, would you care to run your tests again using Zuul, to confirm whether you can see the same different behaviour for them?
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

sheridangreen

Post by sheridangreen » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:32 pm

Remember that the outnumbering bonus counter is capped at your first 20 DEs. So 50 DEs v 20 DEs would mean no extra CPs for anyone. I am not sure why your enemy would get more ships though.

Return to “The Ships”