Is anybody else concerned about the Drone for SotS 2?

Discuss ships, sections, and designs.
TrashMan

Re: Is anybody else concerned about the Drone for SotS 2?

Post by TrashMan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:07 am

kdonovan wrote:
spaced_monkey wrote:The problem with drones is the torpedoes in this game don't have the same power that torpedoes of ww2 have excluding the exceptions ships BB's usually took between 3-5 torps to sink, with more torps sinking ship faster. That's where drones lack there fearsome power a squadron of fights. have 12 torps if 1/4 to 1/3 hit you are looking at 3-4 torps the average target had 1-2 squadrons hitting it. ( not to mention dive bombers with 500 lbs bombs)

You forget - ships in space don't sink.

Also, there have been quite a few exceptions. There have been ships that took 9-12 torpedos and were still afloat.
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!
And I say onto you: Blessed are those who play my mods - for they are good!

The Magus
Doomsayer

Post by The Magus » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:17 pm

A bit non sequitur, but comparisons like this make me really curious to see if SotS2 ships will feel more fragile or less. With fewer ships in a battle and expansion of subsystems damage I can see it going either way...
The teacher cut in smoothly, "Yes, of course. SolForce never fails to remind us how necessary they are to our...'survival'. ... It amazes me that the human race ever managed to exist, before you lot came along."

Cai Rui smiled thinly. "What amazes me is how quickly the human race could cease to exist, if we were gone."

--The Deacon's Tale

jp161

Post by jp161 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:38 pm

IIRC, Mecron has said that in SotS 2 ships will be more "substantial" - and my understanding of this is that they will definately feel more sturdy.

And that's exactly what I want :thumbsup:

hargert

Post by hargert » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:50 pm

I see them as being more sturdy and able to take more damage. Also with systems now being modeled I can see ships having the chance to perform repairs in a fight and continue fighting. So less all out fur balls and more waiting for the next wave of incoming attacks while trying to maneuver into covering position and still be able to engage them with your batteries.

sorain

Post by sorain » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:45 am

so since we have a CAP flying around in that teaser, I do belive manned craft have appeared. (not to mention the other shaped one that shows up breifly during the little speech) Leading to all sorts of jucy speculation here I imagine.

I suspect the whole "End of all flesh" incident pushed people away from drones and towards fighters.
The brain gets its power from performing many parallel operations, a computer from performing operations very quickly.

Return to “The Ships”