How will ship destruciton in SotS ][ work?

Discuss ships, sections, and designs.
TriNova

How will ship destruciton in SotS ][ work?

Post by TriNova » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:14 am

This is just a simple thought I've had for the past couple days after rewatching the SotS ][ announcement and Mec's interview. From what I gather, it seems like ships are still divided into 3 sections, but that those 3 sections are further sub divided into smaller sections that will break off and be destroyed as the battle goes on.

Now, does this mean that sections will be destroyed when they either take enough damage or lose enough subsections, thereby compromising structural integrity.

By the way, I'm basing this off the part in the the videos where Mec says that we'll see parts of the ship flying off as the battle goes on, which I took to mean that it won't just be turrets flying off, but parts of sections. Feel free to correct me if I misinterpreted this. Cause I'm all for there being more wreckage in space battles.

amtie

Re: How will ship destruciton in SotS ][ work?

Post by amtie » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:54 am

I think what was meant was there'd be more ways of dying, not different parts of the ship being broken off. Currently there's only one way: ship sections go 'pop'. SotS 2 will probably have more diverse ways of ship 'death', such as "Death by Scream", "Death by Meson Projector", and "Death by Corrosive Acid", etc. There is also the power-loss aspect, which I, probably like most others, have little knowledge about.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:31 pm

chunks will fly off based on damage...damage and death will be less RTS'y. 'Nuff said

jp161

Post by jp161 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:37 am

Mecron wrote:chunks will fly off based on damage...damage and death will be less RTS'y. 'Nuff said

This kind of stuff makes me drool all over my keyboard!! :thumbsup:

amtie

Post by amtie » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:07 pm

And make your CPU cry.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:23 pm

am you really nead to stop posting past your knowledge base...if I had said "dynamically deforming poly's"...THEN you cour cry with your CPU.

Kyanor

Post by Kyanor » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:38 pm

Mecron wrote:am you really nead to stop posting past your knowledge base...if I had said "dynamically deforming poly's"...THEN you cour cry with your CPU.

Please good, sir, make my CPUs cry. Make'em cry for mercy!

Space Voyager

Post by Space Voyager » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:37 pm

Kyanor wrote:Please good, sir, make my CPUs cry. Make'em cry for mercy!

My CPU cries at the mention of the word "game"...
ErinysSolForce Intelligence has great difficulty penetrating Liir society to that depth, for obvious reasons. fibioLack of scuba gear?

Return to “The Ships”