Ship Energy??

Discuss ships, sections, and designs.
GeorgeWashington99

Ship Energy??

Post by GeorgeWashington99 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:46 am

New to the game.

I just got access to dreadnoughts and designed one that was packing missiles, mass drivers, lasers, etc and an antimatter engine. I used it to help defend an ally's homeworld and it basically wiped out 10+ enemy cruisers single handedly without breaking a sweat.

I tweaked the design, replacing some missiles with some more mass drivers and adding a front end shield (the kind that extends over the nose and about halfway down the ship leaving the back exposed). For some reason this new ship was useless, it looked like it wasn't even firing its weapons. So my question is, was the shield using too much power leaving not enough for the weapons? Is there some hidden energy attribute for ships?

Coyote27

Re: Ship Energy??

Post by Coyote27 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:28 am

There isn't such an attribute per se - active improved-cloaks reduce your firing rate, but that's about it.
Are you sure you were in range for the ship's guns?
"In the absence of any orders, go find something and kill it." -Erwin Rommel

GeorgeWashington99

Post by GeorgeWashington99 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:31 am

Coyote27 wrote:There isn't such an attribute per se - active improved-cloaks reduce your firing rate, but that's about it.
Are you sure you were in range for the ship's guns?

Yeah I was definitely within range. Can mass drivers fire through my own shields? If so, then I guess either my targets were too close and the turrets were moving too slowly. Before making the tweaks to the ship's design, the enemy cruiser were at a distance, being kept busy by my ally's destroyers.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:46 am

Any given ship's mass drivers should be able to fire through its own shields, but if you had more than one, then not necessarily through any shields on other ships in your formation.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Return to “The Ships”