Hunters

Discuss ships, sections, and designs.
Libelnon

Hunters

Post by Libelnon » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Managed to get my hands on the dreaded Hunter class STL Cruisers last game, and it's perked a few questions...

1 - Why does the Hunter-A have such an absurdly high turn rate?

2 - What are the two rear-mount large turrets good for, with such tiny arcs?

3 - What are people's favourite loadouts? On the carrier as well, that is.

4 - How come when the forward mounts are blatantly identical to those of the strafe section of a cruiser, can we stick missiles and DF racks in them?

5 - Can they be boarded?
Yes, I use Raptr. Prefer it to XFire.
Mecron wrote: "...Oh btw, we are all machines so we can live on any planet and any ship of ours is technically a colonizer just by dumping a bunch of Ipods over the side."

I'd make a good spy. I always want to know what everyone else is doing. Being cooped up in an asteroid doesn't sound fun though...

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Hunters

Post by Mecron » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:47 pm

1) because it has absurdly powerful engines

2) Under review

4) Why is my Orange sweeter than my Peach?

5) Find out!

Mesaia

Post by Mesaia » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:36 am

They don't work too well at keeping their noses facing the enemy though. It's usually better to keep them on 'face direction arrow' and manual them.

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:15 am

I'll say this about #2 - its really painful to try to get behind one to snipe its engine section.
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

Libelnon

Post by Libelnon » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:14 pm

It would appear that they're good to arm MWs in, but I've not found anything else that has enough of an arc to be useful there. Tried bursters, but they failed, as they hardly got a shot off.
Yes, I use Raptr. Prefer it to XFire.
Mecron wrote: "...Oh btw, we are all machines so we can live on any planet and any ship of ours is technically a colonizer just by dumping a bunch of Ipods over the side."

I'd make a good spy. I always want to know what everyone else is doing. Being cooped up in an asteroid doesn't sound fun though...

Mesaia

Post by Mesaia » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:38 am

patton1942 wrote:I'll say this about #2 - its really painful to try to get behind one to snipe its engine section.

Aren't Hunters single section ships?

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:39 am

actually, yeah, I think they are.
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

ProjectLevyDelta

Post by ProjectLevyDelta » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:04 pm

Me <3 hunters and it seems that missile versions of hunters work the best. When I use them however I usually end up building a flagship and three seperate dreads with carrier sections a long with 3 different hunter load outs.

4 dreads and 9 hunters = pain!

Also my last loadouts included an all fusion load out with fusion canons and triple barrel fusion heavy slot cannons, as well as a missile load out with MW, missiles, and racks. The last one was a Ballistic load out with AP and the multiple shot guass canon.

I find that Fusion version is good in it's own way because it has weapons in different spots and the Antimatter variant is good in its own way as well. ^.^

It is very nice and from what I remember if you lose your dread in combat but not your hunters, the next dread that warps in if it has hunters on it will just add to the hunters already there. Making the hunters in battle a very unpredictable thing.

However you do lose the hunters at the end of the combat turn =(

p.s my last combat turn with hunters.. the hunters did almost 90,000 + damage total and I only had 4 dreads in that fleet meaning only 9 hunters where on the battlefield O.o

If you want SotS ][ right now I think Tarkas is the way to go :D

Return to “The Ships”