Is this a bug?

Discuss ships, sections, and designs.
brisub

Is this a bug?

Post by brisub » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:56 pm

I successfully researched "Armada Command Systems" (because of a desire to build a Var Kona class Flagship!), but do not see an option to build an Armada CNC. The Wiki (http://sots.rorschach.net/Armada_CnC_Section) didn't show any other requirements to build an Armada CNC, so I'm wondering if there's a reason I failed to unlock the section.

Not game-breaking, but a few more ships would help against those pesky (and entrenched) Hivers. And, because I didn't 'roll' any of the fleet management upgrades, it's a bit necessary to help me maintain whatever slight advantage I may have at this point...
:sots1: Bri

How do I know I'm about to be annihilated? The turn count reaches 250...

Goomich

Re: Is this a bug?

Post by Goomich » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:39 pm

Let's try some obvious questions: have you tried looking in dreadnought section?

Do you have Heavy Combat Lasers reseached? I vaguely remember I couldn't build armada or flagship without them.

Also, flagship can support more ships.

brisub

Post by brisub » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:05 pm

Goomich wrote:Let's try some obvious questions: have you tried looking in dreadnought section?

I did look under the DN mission sections, and had no luck. I even looked if my Constructor ships could build one; didn't expect to see it there, but was looking for creative solutions.

Do you have Heavy Combat Lasers reseached? I vaguely remember I couldn't build armada or flagship without them.

I did not go HCL route, but will research them to see if it unlocks. I'm not happy with HCL's, as I tend to get rammed by the enemy and knocked off of targeting (or they hit with projectile weapons). AI does well with them against me, but I don't get the same results.

Also, flagship can support more ships.

That's why I need one. I didn't roll the computer upgrades that up your support. Outnumbering the enemy is good, but I can't totally rely on that.

I'll try to see what HCL does for me when I continue the game tonight. I need something to send the Hairless Apes packing.

brisub

Post by brisub » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:01 pm

It's not a bug. http://sots.rorschach.net/Flagship_Section verifies that a heavy beam is also needed for my mighty Var Kona command flagship! Had to poke around the wiki a bit more, but (as usual) the answers are there.

What a great tool!

Return to “The Ships”