ships facing planet during defence.

Discuss ships, sections, and designs.
rizzwarrior

ships facing planet during defence.

Post by rizzwarrior » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:51 pm

Hello everybody,
I dont know if it has been discussed before but i had noticed that sometimes during successfully defending the planet against the initial wave of enemy fleets my fleets tend to face the planet against the second wave, and after repositioning my fleets and successfully defending against the second wave the same irritating thing happens(fleets face the panet) is this intended or bug, please help. :(

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Re: ships facing planet during defence.

Post by ZedF » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:02 pm

IIRC it's a bug involving the battle manager, but I don't remember the specifics. I think it might occur if you place your fleet near the planet in the battle manager, and as I recall the problem goes away if you remove your fleet from the battle manager layout. So, moral is, only use battle manager if you have a good reason to (e.g. you're going to get ambushed from a particular known direction and your fleet will be surprised and out of position if you don't set it up beforehand.)
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:43 am

yes the ships might be trying to obey an order to get into the planet. Try giving them a small movement point away and see if it still happens.

rizzwarrior

Post by rizzwarrior » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:35 am

Thanks zed, mec i will try with what you people have said & lets hope its solve the problem.

Return to “The Ships”