Best unit composition for the start of the Hiver Campaign

There's a lot to find and do in Ground Pounders. So, for those who might not want the surprise spoiled...

Moderator: Erinys

Hari Seldon

Best unit composition for the start of the Hiver Campaign

Post by Hari Seldon » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:51 pm

The Divisional Commmand Battalion has four choices:
Mechanized Infantry (5 move) 1 attack range 1 support range
Tanks (5 move) 1 attack range 1 support range
Artillery (4 move) 1 attack range 2 support range
Self-propelled gun (5 move) 1 attack range 2 support range

Tanks are twice as powerful as infantry so I prefer tanks of the two.
Artillery is pretty fast actually and a bit more powerful than self-propelled gun so I don't know which of the two I would prefer. Those two have 2 support range (not the 1 support range the tanks and infantry have) so if one doesn't want their commanding unit on the front lines then they should pick artillery or self-propelled gun.

If I choose tanks I have 40 points left so I could buy an MRL but if I wait until I get 50 points I could get a better MRL or an LRM. I'm not sure if this is the right choice but I chose to not buy any units besides the tank commander. If I choose anything but tanks I can afford that better MRL or LRM immediately so I buy one of them. I prefer the MRL because it is more powerful and the only early use for the LRM might be sniping the enemy commander in mission 2 but I don't know how to do that.

I noticed that non-Commander units now have a "fatigue" bar so I can't just use the best units every mission. But that just makes a strong commander even more important.
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Salvor Hardin, Foundation

TrashMan

Re: Best unit composition for the start of the Hiver Campaig

Post by TrashMan » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:09 am

There are more stats to take into account.

Supply range, extra dice - both very important
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!
And I say onto you: Blessed are those who play my mods - for they are good!

Return to “Spoilers”