What is this!!!???!!???

Sometimes, in order to rule the world, you have to break a few cities!

Moderator: Erinys

Doombot
...is watching you, human.

What is this!!!???!!???

Post by Doombot » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:30 am

And why was it sitting there, in plain site, in
C:\Users\goldenyak\work\unreleased\kagg\notfordoombot
where anyone can find it!?
ANSWER DOOMBOT!

>click< REVENGE! >whirr<

Ciurrioc

Re: What is this!!!???!!???

Post by Ciurrioc » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:37 am

YESEEESSSS :awesome: :bigmouth: :yell:

GUYS QUICK LOOK IT, AN AMORPHOUS KAIJU IN A COOL SCORPION MODE.
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:12 am

Is this Christmas/New Year's present from Kerberos? :D

Ciurrioc

Post by Ciurrioc » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:33 am

So Prey tell what kind of weakness this guy has among our trinity thus far?

Shrubs Organic, shifty, wrecks Mecha's and can regen like no ones business

Gino's a Techno Marvel, conventional weapons don't mean a thing, and can Obliterate armies

Gordons a power house and break battleships over his knee

in this supposed Triumvirate GINO Boom fire < SHRUBS (Acid) < GORDON < Dat Radiation.

Grey goop is a wild card here no?

dat speculation
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

CyrusBlack

Post by CyrusBlack » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:05 am

hurm. i havent seen this before, and i've rifled though a LOT of files i shouldnt have

*shuffles through intrusive notes pile*

ah fans/backer gifts.

ITS GREY GOO, IM GUESSING A NANO SCORPION

LastMaxStanding

Post by LastMaxStanding » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Ciurrioc wrote:So Prey tell what kind of weakness this guy has among our trinity thus far?

Shrubs Organic, shifty, wrecks Mecha's and can regen like no ones business

Gino's a Techno Marvel, conventional weapons don't mean a thing, and can Obliterate armies

Gordons a power house and break battleships over his knee

in this supposed Triumvirate GINO Boom fire < SHRUBS (Acid) < GORDON < Dat Radiation.

Grey goop is a wild card here no?

dat speculation

There are actually a good handful or two of 'basic' movesets/styles we could still see. The most obvious for this guy would be the ninja/stealth niche. Less obvious but possibly more thematic, offensive self-buffing ala assimilation of resources. Nanites reduce a building to rubble, Grey picks up the resources, and buffs stack up. More a rolling tidal wave once he gets going than Gordon's huge burst buffs. Alternatively, assimilation of mechanical enemies. Either spawning a Goo'd version of the enemy (early tiers, targeted attack, late tier, % chance passive on kill), or assimilation of attacks by 'absorbing' defeated foes ('easiest' way would be a targeted attack that then becomes a different offensive attack based on the target) . Or smushizens even. Resistance is futile.

We don't have an info-powered Kaiju yet. The most obvious would be the supernatural ones, but a nanite kaiju could sell it as a sort of Brainiac kind of thing.

We've got a good tower defense with Shrubby, and some good area denial/pbaoe with Shrubby and Gordon. Don't really have an actual trapper yet. Land mines/Jokey Smurf presents, tripwire aoe's, remote detonation attacks. Timer detonation attacks. We got some interesting line attacks with Gordon and mobile PBAOE cluster attacks (rabbit jump, wrecking ball). Random detonation artillery and 'walk the line' line attacks could be built from those I'd think. Admittedly we have a few attacks that already fit the random target aoe artillery format, but the earlier versions all tend to 'hit' at once. I'm thinking one after another like Gordon's multi-jumps/bounces, and line attacks that 'walk' as in one 'block' at a time moving outward.

We don't have a full time DoT-monster, really. Gino and Shrubby can sort of pull it off, Gordon's DoT's are too situational. It'd be difficult to balance a DoT based kaiju, I'd think, but could be interesting. That more suits the 'scorpion' part than the 'goo' part, though.

One of the many many great things about KAGG is that potential playstyles can be pulled from almost any related genre. MMOs, MOBAS, RTS, even brawlers. If you can think of a style of play from one of those, it can probably be made to fit KAGG. (And by god, should be. I dream of having a Kaiju for every style of gameplay possible. And then variants. And variants of variants.)

Basically, there are 3 elements of any Kaiju in KAGG. Income:Outgoing:Incoming

Income: Source: what created it, what powers it. This determines some buildings and what fuels it's powers.

Outgoing: Playstyle/s: So far the three Kaiju to date have been able to support 2 or 3 'main' playstyles each. Playstyle affects what types of powers you choose, and how you use them.

Incoming: TTL: Time To Live (to borrow an MMO term that doesn't quite fit). How long/how tough/how the Kaiju lives long enough to do it's damage. In some cases those are highly playstyle related, but they can also be an entirely different kind of gameplay from the main playstyle. Shrubby can be an AOE machine or a Seeder. Seeder needs to take defensive powers, maybe the healing seedlings, and leverage the high health and active healing buttons. Or the AOE vines build can take aoe's and the health on hit and use the huge health pool to soak up damage and slam out massive aoes to refill. Gordon can go for stealth and try to buy time to get as much damage as possible in before getting overwhelmed, or can forgo it all for big damage boosts and try to burn out instead of fade away. Gino...Gino largely operates the same defensively regardless of his playstyle.

You can take a look at any MMO class, or RTS faction, or MOBA hero, or even the more in depth brawler games, and find that same basic breakdown, and that most of the tools used to perform those roles could adapt perfectly well to KAGG's gameplay.

CyrusBlack

Post by CyrusBlack » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:13 pm

yeah i love how you guys manage to make each kaiju unique. the playstyles of all 3 of the originals is very different, it really helps take the game home (i mean, make it feel fun and gives it legs).

how do you feel about a robo combo juggernaut kaiju that uses a series of slashes kicks and missile blasts..... attacks that stack the slash/punch/kick and missile strikes? because i got a design....

where is golden yakk when i need him!

RobAK801
Doomsayer

Post by RobAK801 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:49 am

Doombot, our lord and master, we praise you and beg for more! I pray you find us worthy, and let us prey on those who are not! :twisted:
N* makes me miss my Commadore 64 and my copies of Starflight I + II :(

SolForce Grunt 1: With the Suul'ka on the loose Command has issued a F.U.C.K. You order.
SG2: A what?
SG1: A Fight Until Cthulu Kills You order!

Golden Yak

Post by Golden Yak » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:45 am

Curse you, Doombot! The secret project is in the wind...
Nerts to this space-crap!

RobAK801
Doomsayer

Post by RobAK801 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:56 am

Golden Yak wrote:Curse you, Doombot! The secret project is in the wind...

Repent GY, and answer his excellency Doombot! What is this? We wish to know more!

SolForce Grunt 1: With the Suul'ka on the loose Command has issued a F.U.C.K. You order.

Golden Yak

Post by Golden Yak » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:19 pm

More information will be forthcoming, but for now, the name might give you an idea of what to expect from this, our 4th kaiju. Ciurrioc pretty much figured it out.
Nerts to this space-crap!

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Resok » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:21 am

:twisted:
- Resok

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:39 pm

Doombot seems to have a case of the grumpies. Did he not get eggnog this year? :lol:
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Defenestar

Post by Defenestar » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:33 pm

I hope Goo is a Morse Code style-fighter.

RobAK801
Doomsayer

Post by RobAK801 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:18 am

Doombot, our Lord and master, why have you abandoned us? We must know more of this "Grey Goop"!

Return to “General-Discussion-A-GoGo”