FIRST!

Questions and Answers about the Sword of the Stars pen and paper rpg

Moderator: Erinys

Caddage

FIRST!

Post by Caddage » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:27 am

Just 'cause I've never had the chance. :D

But on a legitimate note, what's this about a pen & paper RPG I've heard?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: FIRST!

Post by Erinys » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:59 am

Ha! :) Indeed you are.

I would like to publish a pen and paper role-playing game set in the Sword of the Stars universe. All the imperial races will be playable to some degree, although as in most SotS games, there is a strong Human bias to the system.

I call it "Freehold". :)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Vanish

Post by Vanish » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:34 am

That sounds very exciting, I look forward to experiencing part of The Pit's gameplay from a new perspective.
"We have such sights to show you."
-Hellraiser

fiendishrabbit

Post by fiendishrabbit » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:48 am

Erinys wrote:Ha! :) Indeed you are.

I would like to publish a pen and paper role-playing game set in the Sword of the Stars universe. All the imperial races will be playable to some degree, although as in most SotS games, there is a strong Human bias to the system.

--Arinn

So how does the Tarka police system work? Because even the announcement of a SotS PnP left me with an urge to play a Film Noire adventure, Tarka style.
You can't trust the Liir. Never trust someone that smiles all the time.

marshb

Post by marshb » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:13 pm

Oooh! Oooh! We saw some art work for this in the previous campaigns, GP I think. I'll buy it just for the lore alone! :hyper:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

CrystalDragonSora

Post by CrystalDragonSora » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:00 pm

Aaah, Freehold sounds really great!
The Crystal Dragon has a blog and Twitter!
We are...seven swords in unison.

The sun was born, and so it shall die, so only shadows comfort me. I know in darkness, I will find you, giving up inside like me... Each day shall end as it begins, and though you're far away from me... I know in darkness, I will find you, giving up inside like me...

Ludovsky

Post by Ludovsky » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:49 pm

--Arinn

I've been curious to hear mre about Freehold ever since you teased that bestiary to me when we were discussing proteans : )

On a random note, I feel bad that I've only just now found this sub-forum. o.o;

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:01 am

fiendishrabbit wrote:So how does the Tarka police system work? Because even the announcement of a SotS PnP left me with an urge to play a Film Noire adventure, Tarka style.

I am a huge fan of the genre, so that is certainly not impossible. One of the first locations that I am filling out in terms of Lore is the city of New Bangkok, which is a pretty good location for a noir story.

--Arinn
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Caddage

Post by Caddage » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:10 am

Erinys wrote:I would like to publish a pen and paper role-playing game set in the Sword of the Stars universe. All the imperial races will be playable to some degree, although as in most SotS games, there is a strong Human bias to the system.

Have you decided what systems you want to use? I've played more than my fair share of RPGs over the years with various systems (TSR{later WOTC}, White Wolf, FASA, Palladium, and Steve Jackson just to name a few), and I've had my likes and dislikes with all of them. I'm highly curious what system you're envisioning for a "modern" tabletop RPG. Of course, if it's still in the hush-hush stage, I understand. ;)

If/when you need play-testers, I'm more than willing to sign a NDA.

Nall White

Post by Nall White » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:34 am

--Arinn

I've been waiting to hear something like this since..well check my forum sign up date!!!

Caddage wrote:Have you decided what systems you want to use? I've played more than my fair share of RPGs over the years with various systems (TSR{later WOTC}, White Wolf, FASA, Palladium, and Steve Jackson just to name a few), and I've had my likes and dislikes with all of them. I'm highly curious what system you're envisioning for a "modern" tabletop RPG. Of course, if it's still in the hush-hush stage, I understand. ;)

If/when you need play-testers, I'm more than willing to sign a NDA.

I'm found of the system used in Dark Heresy. I have a few of the B5 RPG books and was thinking of trying to convert it to a DH like system.
I also will sign an NDA in blood if I have to.
I'm NOT a cat!

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:20 am

*chuckles* Not super secret, really! I will start posting discussion threads and sample mechanics if people are interested in discussing it. The Pit is already for sale to the general public, often for quite cheap, so...researching the basic concepts of Kerberos rpg's set in the SotSverse probably not too hard. ;)

--Arinn

Ebondragon

Post by Ebondragon » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:56 am

Just tell me when and where to contribute to the effort to get it published!! ^_^

My dice are ready!

joestej

Post by joestej » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:25 pm

Erinys wrote:*chuckles* Not super secret, really! I will start posting discussion threads and sample mechanics if people are interested in discussing it.

:insane: Yes please! I've been waiting to get my hands on Freehold since I saw some of the concept art. I especially liked the art for Scions, very unique and cool looking.

Return to “Freehold”