What Is Bionomicon?

The Book of the Names of the Living

Moderator: Erinys

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

What Is Bionomicon?

Post by Erinys » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:33 am

Bionomicon is a fictional background universe featuring a zombie apocalypse theme. The title of the series is a play on the famous "Necronomicon", "The Book of the Dead" or "Book of the Names of the Dead" from H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos writings.

The Bionomicon is the Book of Life, or the Book of the Names of the Living. It is a tome into which the names and stories of Survivors are inscribed during the Apocalypse.

"And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and the Book of the Dead was opened. Then another Book was opened, which is the Book of Life."

Readers who enjoyed the universe that I created for Fort Zombie and would like to see some of the ideas in that game taken further and expanded into a full-scale war of Light versus Darkness might enjoy the Bionomicon milieu. I'll be posting some concept art, character sketches and models to my Patreon campaign and to these forums for the sake of those who enjoy the Rotverse and would like to see a new stand-alone game and novels or stories set in that milieu.
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Return to “Bionomicon”