Favorite Race To Play

All things Human, Hiver, Tarka, Liir, Zuul and Morrigi.

Moderator: Erinys

princejs

Favorite Race To Play

Post by princejs » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:37 pm

Whats your favorite race to play? I love playing as the hiver. The ability to instantly warp in 100 or so ships when defending a planet makes them one tough bug ;) Not to mention that you can send your ships across the galaxy in a single turn. Yes, they are slow at first, but once you get far casters the galaxy is a piece of cake just waiting for you to cut and eat. Their only disadvantages are their normal space speed, and that gate capacity limits might make it difficult to successfully defend more a few planets at a time (depending of course on how many ships are incoming at each planet and how many ships you will need to defend them). They also appear to me to have a decent amount of armor for their ships.
Prince~

Goomich

Re: Favorite Race To Play

Post by Goomich » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Then all others have indecent since hivers have most base armour and highest chance of getting Adamantine Alloys.

For me best thing of HIvers is their gate network. I can just dump bunch of Construction into one system, bunch of Colonizers into another, plus another bunch of gates into third, and never worry about micro them, just send where they're needed.
With other races sometimes I send fleets, close to their job destination, and when they arrive 3 turns/hour later I don't remeber why they get there and send them somwhere else.

princejs

Post by princejs » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Ya that is how I like to do it as well, I pick a few planets and each one builds what ever I need. If I need colonizers, I just pick the planet that I have been building them at and warp them in. Sure does make it easy with deep space constructors too. With other races, if I have planets that are half way across the galaxy it usually means building additional ships ( I want those stations up yesterday! )
Prince~

SacremPyrobolum

Post by SacremPyrobolum » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:58 pm

Humans as I can understand them and really project myself as the Director of a human empire.

I can see accurately of how my empire would view other races, menaces, wars, stressful situations. I could not even begin to comprehend how the other races would feel in these same predicaments.

It also helps that the human ships look like flying modern battleships!

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:38 pm

I play all races, but Morrigi are probably my favorites : nothing beats the freedom of movement you get on the strategic map, drones decimate most fleets with ease, and if you ever manage to get to the end of the game, you're rewarded by probably the most powerful and agile Dreadnoughts out of the 6 races. Also, I like their ship designs the most. (Planet glyphs are pretty too.)

princejs

Post by princejs » Sun May 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Yes, I agree that they are very agile but I'm not very good playing that race. Eventually I'm going to master playing as that race though
Prince~

Return to “The Races”