Incident at Ko'Grappa

All things Human, Hiver, Tarka, Liir, Zuul and Morrigi.

Moderator: Erinys

Eleahen
Doomsayer

Re: Incident at Ko'Grappa

Post by Eleahen » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:06 pm

As of this date - yes.

However:
Erinys wrote:I have been considering the best way to make the book available to players since the recent announcements from Lighthouse. No firm decision yet, but I may try to create a Print on Demand version of the book for people which would be less expensive and less hassle for those living in North America.

--Arinn
Erinys wrote:I am working on this issue, I promise. There WILL be a new edition of The Deacon's Tale available before I have to leave the continent at the end of May.

--Arinn

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:57 am

Yes, I am sorry about the delays on that--I severely underestimated the demands that the new game and other projects would make on my time, and the publishing process is also significantly more complicated than I had first thought. At this point I don't think I will be able to get the book on-line and ready to purchase until some time in late September, although I'll do what I can to shave that.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Carch

Post by Carch » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:44 pm

Looking forward to it! The teasers here definitely have me wanting more.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found the CE on Ebay from a UK seller for under $20. I had to finish reading this story! :thumbsup:

Heck, I'd pay for an electronic edition of the book too. The bonus CD in the CE is undoubtedly worth $20.
a.k.a. BadKen, badkenbad on YouTube, Steam and LIVE.
Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Carch

Post by Carch » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:26 am

Sweet, my CE from the UK arrived today! BTW, the seller still has "more than ten" available:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ory=139973

**starts devouring book**

Damn, that's some tiny print! Were you trying to save money on ink and paper? :D
a.k.a. BadKen, badkenbad on YouTube, Steam and LIVE.
Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:01 am

Carch wrote:Damn, that's some tiny print! Were you trying to save money on ink and paper? :D

Well, *I* wasn't trying to save ink and paper... :lol:

Actually, creating a more readable copy of the book with better copy-editing was one of my main goals with the re-release. But I am also adding some features. ;)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Profound_Darkness

Post by Profound_Darkness » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:23 am

I have been finding it rather mind blowing just how annoying getting something published can be (apparently by nature of the process than any particular publisher). I have been catching glimpses of the process from a writer I know and... well... sheesh!

I wish you luck :)

I will find the patience ;)
Mecron wrote:... "Hey aliens!! Candygram from the planet of crazy talking monkeys!!" ...

my fav tactical w/fav races :)

Stryder

Post by Stryder » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:47 pm

Profound_Darkness wrote:I have been finding it rather mind blowing just how annoying getting something published can be (apparently by nature of the process than any particular publisher). I have been catching glimpses of the process from a writer I know and... well... sheesh!

I wish you luck :)

I will find the patience ;)

Well for a SotS book going straight to PDF would be fine, I mean I think only SotS fans would buy it for the most part and we all have a internet connection, there are PDF stores online that sell PDF books too.

bbacher

Post by bbacher » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Are there any updates to be had on availability of The Deacon's Tale?

I'd pay for a PDF version (or some other electronic format). Any version, really - electronic or otherwise.

Return to “The Races”