Escape From Avalon--Part One

All things Human, Hiver, Tarka, Liir, Zuul and Morrigi.

Moderator: Erinys

Ace

Post by Ace » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:40 am

Mecron wrote:apply logic zed...does a slave poop steel or make steel? There's yer answer :wink:

Rockbug slaves! Have the best of both worlds!

LOrageOrange

Post by LOrageOrange » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:45 pm

I thought the headphones looked like manacles, which would make more sense for Slavers... I just phrased it like a guy who needed sleep :oops:
"Oooh, you walk in the parks of many gods. I will build something extra large to explode with my suprise." -Kang the Mad

Querente

Post by Querente » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:43 pm

This is prolly a silly question, but why are the colors of the buttons different, orange border, red inside, instead of yellow borders and orange buttons.

Do the Zuul get their own color-scheme because they are more "eeeevul" or do get everyone race a new colorscheme...is it is adjustable in the game, but I somehow missed it...or is Castewar loving his photoshop-skills?

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:43 pm

Mecron wrote:I also think equating slaves to the resource base is an unproven connection. Just because they are refered to as a "resource" does not mean they are part of the "renewable resource base" of a planet.

Look at the resource meter. Its listed as 49xx (.10) I've never seen a (.10) before, has someone else?

Now, the orange is fire Mecron says, are the slaves running foundries, or stripping the planet. The resources are running in the red. Maybe the zuul are just really BAD environmentalists, they move in use up the planet, and move on leaving a blackrock behind them. It would explain why they're late comers (a giant, transient / nomadic society) sending out scouting parties to search out nice areas for exploitation.
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

Golden Yak

Post by Golden Yak » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:13 pm

Anybody get a good look at the avatar in that screenshot?
Nerts to this space-crap!

Zabaron
Zuul Survivor
Zuul Survivor

Post by Zabaron » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:22 pm

patton1942 wrote:Its listed as 49xx (.10)

Thats 49xx (-10)

-Zabaron
"ʎq ʎlɟ ʎǝɥʇ sɐ ǝʞɐɯ ʎǝɥʇ punos ƃuıɥsooʍ ʇɐɥʇ ǝʌol ı ˙sǝuılpɐǝp ǝʌol ı"
sɯɐpɐ sɐlƃnop-

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:57 pm

So it is. :oops:
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

Steve

Post by Steve » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:09 am

I wonder who created these guys. They're strong, telepathic, and seem to be able to survive eating just about anything. However they seem to lack birth canals, at least pre-existing ones, which is pretty damn inefficient for litters of only two or so. Maybe they can breed normally as rat-weasels before fully maturing, but at the moment they seem to go through other Zuul and resources pretty quickly.

What could possibly be their purpose? If it was terraforming then they probably would be designed not to overharvest. they kind of seem like a race of organic Von Neumann devices.

Chris
Zuul Survivor
Zuul Survivor

Post by Chris » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:29 am

Steve wrote:What could possibly be their purpose? If it was terraforming then they probably would be designed not to overharvest. they kind of seem like a race of organic Von Neumann devices.

We are all a race of VNs. We consume resources in order to increase our numbers :)

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:21 am

Chris wrote:We are all a race of VNs. We consume resources in order to increase our numers :)

the Zuul seem to deplete their resources, none of the other races do so, they just use them, w/o decreasing them.
Here be pirates

Hunpecked

Post by Hunpecked » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:31 am

patton1942 wrote:Now, the orange is fire Mecron says, are the slaves running foundries, or stripping the planet. The resources are running in the red. Maybe the zuul are just really BAD environmentalists...

Maybe their creator is Saruman. :D
"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance!" -- Me

Chris
Zuul Survivor
Zuul Survivor

Post by Chris » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:01 pm

patton1942 wrote:the Zuul seem to deplete their resources, none of the other races do so, they just use them, w/o decreasing them.

What can I say? Mecron and co are idealists :)

Jonny

Post by Jonny » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:57 pm

Steve wrote:I wonder who created these guys. They're strong, telepathic, and seem to be able to survive eating just about anything. However they seem to lack birth canals, at least pre-existing ones, which is pretty damn inefficient for litters of only two or so. Maybe they can breed normally as rat-weasels before fully maturing, but at the moment they seem to go through other Zuul and resources pretty quickly.

Maybe every adult Zuul has two embryos inside that mature on death and devour their parent. If they can control their rate of maturation (and as a bioengineered race I can't see why not) then with enough food available they could increase their population incredibly quickly. Maybe that's why those pods are stuffed with slaves, to provide a ready food source for a massive population explosion to start off a new colony.

It would also explain why they use up their planets so fast, if every time a Zuul dies two more take it's place that's one hell of an exponential population curve.

Blazer
Zuul Survivor
Zuul Survivor

Post by Blazer » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:50 pm

Jonny wrote:
Maybe every adult Zuul has two embryos inside that mature on death and devour their parent.

This particular specimen was distinctly female.
Pro Bono Populi

"I am constant as the northern star..."

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:14 pm

Soooo...because in times of stress human babies are born via cesarian section...all human babies are trapped in the mother without surgery?

Return to “The Races”