The Council of Chozanti

All things Human, Hiver, Tarka, Liir, Zuul and Morrigi.

Moderator: Erinys

DaNuker

Post by DaNuker » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:06 am

Great story as always.

Makes you see the SotS universe in a totally different light!

igotsmeakabob!!

Post by igotsmeakabob!! » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:32 pm

I've said it with every one of these short stories, but everyone one of them deserved it. Thank you. Really great stuff.
-I play Liir. What can I say, I'm a blaspheming rebel.
-Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes.
-Civilization is like a herd of pigs. The herd brings many benefits, but no one should wonder at all the sh*t.
-How do they rise up?

gaping_maw

Post by gaping_maw » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:01 am

yes, excellent stuff! .. so in BoB I can allow myself to be friendly with Hivers as a human? I refuse to be nice to them in the original.. it's the history/stories that adds so much to the game (for me :) )
Activision is the Devil. Oh wait, it is 2013 and I don't have a current Devil assigned yet...

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:20 am

igotsmeakabob!! wrote:I've said it with every one of these short stories, but everyone one of them deserved it. Thank you. Really great stuff.

You're very welcome. :) There is more to come.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:21 am

gaping_maw wrote:yes, excellent stuff! .. so in BoB I can allow myself to be friendly with Hivers as a human? I refuse to be nice to them in the original.. it's the history/stories that adds so much to the game (for me :) )

Humans and Hivers have reached a rapprochement by the BoB era of the SotS universe. There is a story to how that came to be, of course, but it will be told another time. ;)

--Arinn
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Les

Post by Les » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:34 pm

AGoetz wrote:If I remember the bits of backstory rightly, that might be difficult for the Liir. They keep growing as long as they live. I think the story was each Command Section contains just one Liir, with Cruiser having older ones and Dreadnoughts have an Elder.

After all the Zuul are using elder Liir skulls as the front of some of their cruisers ....

I always pictured that domed dorsal-hump on the Armada CNC section to be one huge honkin' fishtank for a massive Liir Elder. :)

Slasher
Platinum Post

Post by Slasher » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:34 am

Liir never stop growing througout their lives. That dome may be for a "younger" elder. The the elders that the Zuul use are properbly older, wiser and more peacefull than the ones that lead the Black Swimmers...
The fact that the skull is so big says alot about just how old that elder was, and most likely, just how personal most Liir will take it when they see that skull hanging on a Zuul ships prow....
Think of it as rubbing a little extra salt in the wound...

Doubler
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by Doubler » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:15 pm

Now that I'm in a posting mood I really want to thank Erinys for this effort. I can't get enough of this story :D

Looking forward to the next chapter, and perhaps even more stories in the future :thumbsup:

The Captain

Post by The Captain » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:00 pm

Cai Rui is now officially The Man.
Why you ask?
Ten Reasons why no one should doubt the awesomeness of Cai Rui;
1. When in outnumbered with no hope of escape, not only does he taunt his enemy, but he does it psychically and in Latin, the language of the most undoubtedly awesome human civilization ever to walk the Earth.
2. He works for SolForce. Enough said.
3. He downs a Ripper in three shots.
4. He singlehandedly orchestrates the destruction of a Slaver Cruiser.
5. He doesn't wrestle crocodiles. He "wrestles" crocodile fleet commanders.
6. Most people ride cars. Cai Rui rides Node Missiles.
7. He's got balls of brass and is a leader people will follow to hell and back.
8. He has the will to resist the mind bending deprivations of the Zuul.
9. He represents his entire civilization at an alien war council.
10. Did I mention he's psychic?

Cai Rui wins. Eat your heart out Chuck Norris.

SOTS just keeps getting cooler! You rock Ms. Dembo!
(and working on a minor in literature myself, I know how much thought and effort it takes to write good fiction. Please keep it coming!)
When questioning whether or not planetary genocide is justifyable, remember the wisdom of Fleet Admiral Prescott TFN:
The best option is ALWAYS the Shiva Option!

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:20 pm

Hi, My name is Cai Rui. You might know me from such memorable moments as, "Lookit me, ma! I'm riding a missile through space!"

I felt this old sci-fi mag was more appropriate than the A-Bomb from Dr. Strangelove...
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:23 am

Many thanks for the kind words, Captain. Glad you're enjoying Cai Rui. He is definitely a candidate for the empire's Most Dangerous Ape. ;)

--Arinn

Grumble314

Post by Grumble314 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:09 pm

Well like any good multi part story leaves me wanting more :) Hmm I guess that's a good thing though now I have to wait :cry:

RedDevil
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by RedDevil » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:25 am

Ishii is a he.
"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; Only those that prosper truly judge what is sane." -Proverb; Warhammer 40,000 Rogue Trader.

Les

Post by Les » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:22 am

RedDevil wrote:Ishii is a he.

Actually, Ishii is both.

Slasher
Platinum Post

Post by Slasher » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:27 pm

Ishii, being a Liir, is a hermaphrodite, like all Liir. But like all blackswimmers, HE considers himself male. Something about being destroyers of life, thus opposite of the lifegiving female aspects or somesuch...

Return to “The Races”