The Tarkas

All things Human, Hiver, Tarka, Liir, Zuul and Morrigi.

Moderator: Erinys

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: The Tarkas

Post by Erinys » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:49 am

In the SotS 2 Lore forum, there is a Tarka dictionary posted. It is also available in the SotSpedia of Sword of the Stars 2.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

brisub

Post by brisub » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:03 pm

Erinys wrote:In the SotS 2 Lore forum, there is a Tarka dictionary posted. It is also available in the SotSpedia of Sword of the Stars 2.

Awesome! I looked in SOTS 1 and didn't even think to look in SOTS ][ (I'm still only playing 1 because I want to be good at it before moving to the next - my signature is based on real game observations). Thanks.
:sots1: Bri

How do I know I'm about to be annihilated? The turn count reaches 250...

Itharus

Post by Itharus » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:47 am

Alright, please excuse the following odd question - I checked the biology bit at the beginning and pulled a search on the thread, and didn't find anything about the following question.

When a Tarka baby emerges from its egg, how is it fed? Do female Tarka have mammary glands and lactate in the fashion of mammals or do infant Tarka just eat some special diet that's prepared for them?
Go Hiver or go home!

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:07 am

Tarka females have fat deposits which give them a distinctly female shape, but no mammary glands. Infant Tarka are hatched with egg teeth and can enjoy a variety of foods. In very early childhood their male and female caregivers give them processed foods and even pre-chew or pre-kill some foods with their own teeth for safety.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Return to “The Races”