The Morrigi

All things Human, Hiver, Tarka, Liir, Zuul and Morrigi.

Moderator: Erinys

Illanair

Re: The Morrigi

Post by Illanair » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:24 pm

That does sound a lot better (and fitting), yes. You're the professional writer for a reason. ;)
bowtiefighter wrote:From my doctorate degree in self taught scifi, im guessing it would make just pretty fireworks.

Niarro

Post by Niarro » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:02 am

How are new tribes formed? Is it as "simple" as a male or a few from one tribe seeing opportunity elsewhere, getting connections and starting their off on their own? Or would there be a lot more maneuvering and plotting on behalf of the males.

Also how would then the females be chosen, the ones that take off to colonize and develop new worlds?

Mr.Weasel

Post by Mr.Weasel » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:31 am

I would like to ask a question in regards to the Ascension Armor I have heard a bit about, granted I am still scouring this thread for information in general...

Anyways, Ascension Armor....what functions does it serve, both aesthetically and technically. In some loading screens I have seen small drones with the armored Morrigi, do they have direct control over these or are they merely automated protectors of the Morrigi in combat? Would the male only wear them for combat? Only wear it on planets? What about other weapons and things used in close quarters, I have seen several pictures of them with staff like weapons (which I would presume are both for smacking people around and for shooting them, like the Jaffa weapons in SG-1).

How would two males go about dealing with one another if they were in conflict, or if one disgraced the other in some manner...would they perhaps duel one another in some manner?

Also on a final note, is the descent a personal event, or bigger....like a whole family or fleet at once? Would they have knowledge of the female ahead of time, something they pick personally or a pre-arranged thing?
A wild weasel has appeared.

Stratigo

Post by Stratigo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:48 am

Did the golden age morrigi possess leviathan equivalents? Or is the leviathan a new military concept to SotS races?

Mantonization

Post by Mantonization » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:24 pm

I'm not even sure if anyone responds to these (what with SOTS2 being a good few years released by now, and whatnot) but what the heck, I've only just discovered it all.

- What counts for humour among Morrigi? Are there are particular kinds they prefer?

- Following on from this, if a Morrigi were to tell a Human a joke, what would it be? Assuming they don't just use their glamour to make the Human think they've been told a joke, anyway. What is there 'Why did the chicken cross the road?'?

DervMan

Post by DervMan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:21 pm

We definitely still read this! ;)

Mantonization

Post by Mantonization » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Well, then! That's good to hear.

I actually have another question, and although I've read aaall the way through this thread I'm not sure it's been asked before. If it has, apologies and just ignore it.

- Why are Morrigi atmospheres green?

I mean, I understand the red and turquoise - in-game each planet appears to only possess one biome, and for Morrigi that biome is Central / South America - but I don't understand the green atmosphere tinge. They breath atmosphere similar to our own, I thought?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:05 pm

Similar but on the order of 3 or 3 times more dense. The denser atmos often support more airborne plantlife akin to algae.

Mantonization

Post by Mantonization » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:09 am

Mecron wrote:Similar but on the order of 3 or 3 times more dense. The denser atmos often support more airborne plantlife akin to algae.

Ouch. It'd probably be very difficult (at best) for a human to walk around in the open air, huh?

Although, an entire atmosphere of air-algae makes wonder what sort of creatures feed off of it. Gasbag-laden sky cows? Sky whales? Birds / bats with giant pelican-like filter beaks?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:28 am

not much worse than a summer day in hongkong but instead of a grey tinge from smog its a green tinge from nano-plankton. Most humans on morrigi worlds would prefer high altitude locals or the sky cities. ;)

Return to “The Races”