Suggestions!

Listen! Then come talk to us!

Moderator: Erinys

marshb

Re: Suggestions!

Post by marshb » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:27 am

Downloaded the app and listened a second time! :P In the future, will there be an option to "follow" as there seems to be no way to get a prompt about new episodes? Or more likely, i'm missing something and cant find the correct button. :?
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

ScoSteSal118

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:37 pm

Subscribe On Itunes is a button on the lower-right hand corner of the podcast page on Podomatic (click on the 'Listen and Subscribe' stickied link in the KerbStomp subforum)

EDIT: Apologies for the flippancy of this post. I had not considered the issue of Android devices.
Last edited by ScoSteSal118 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marshb

Post by marshb » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:51 pm

Thanks Sco, but I'm using the android version and so far the only way I've seen how other 'casts work is by clicking the authors link which brings up another page with a "follow" link, but Kerbs link just brings up a blank page so far.
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Hawawaa

Post by Hawawaa » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:35 pm

2-3 podcasts a month (take it easy at first ie 2 is fine), before podcasts forum members ask questions that can be answered in next podcast (you could have a topic then answer few questions then next go next topic... etc... or dump forum questions at the end). Swearing is fine born with sailers though using kerb game noises to bleep them out is funny. Maybe once in awhile get forum members/Clerics or other friends you know to join in chat.

Currently listening 2nd time playing BF4 with friends and explosion were drowning you guys out. ;p
Last edited by Hawawaa on Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cpt. Awesome

Post by Cpt. Awesome » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:45 pm

Please do upgrade audio at the soonest convenience.

Segments I enjoy (or would enjoy):

- Opinions on current gaming news/trends
- Kerberos specific news (updates on current features being worked on or bugs being squashed)
- Design round table (maybe choose a story from development, or talk about the thought process of designing/creating a specific element from past or current games)
- Highlight current media that you enjoy and why.
- +1 to Hawawaa's suggestion of Q&A; although please do cherry pick the questions that can't be answered in a one or two sentence forum reply.

Overall I wouldn't suggest to put hard time caps on anything, but I would suggest some kind of adherence to a structure.

RobAK801
Doomsayer

Post by RobAK801 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:32 am

The "subscribe on iTunes" button on the podomadic page is returning an error as an invalid or empty link. Please have it fixed for those who would like to subscribe on iTunes. A search of iTunes didn't turn up the podcast either, so maybe it isn't up there yet?
N* makes me miss my Commadore 64 and my copies of Starflight I + II :(

SolForce Grunt 1: With the Suul'ka on the loose Command has issued a F.U.C.K. You order.
SG2: A what?
SG1: A Fight Until Cthulu Kills You order!

bluesmet

Post by bluesmet » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:18 pm

I'd like to know IF you guys can make another sword of the stars game. (Not when or anything but if they have the rights to do so). Does Paradox own any of the intellectual property? (Looking over my manual it doesn't seem like they do but... you never know)

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Suggestions!

Post by zanzibar196 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:48 pm

bluesmet wrote:I'd like to know IF you guys can make another sword of the stars game. (Not when or anything but if they have the rights to do so). Does Paradox own any of the intellectual property? (Looking over my manual it doesn't seem like they do but... you never know)

Kerberos definitely owns the rights to "sword of the stars", otherwise, they could not have used it for the pit or ground pounders. As far as if they could... Do you have a few million to fund it? :twisted:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluesmet

Post by bluesmet » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:31 pm

zanzibar196 wrote:
bluesmet wrote:I'd like to know IF you guys can make another sword of the stars game. (Not when or anything but if they have the rights to do so). Does Paradox own any of the intellectual property? (Looking over my manual it doesn't seem like they do but... you never know)

Kerberos definitely owns the rights to "sword of the stars", otherwise, they could not have used it for the pit or ground pounders. As far as if they could... Do you have a few million to fund it? :twisted:

If I did I would fund it unequivocally . Though I doubt Kerberos would want any producers. Too many cooks in a kitchen spoils a good meal, and pressure from a producer can ruin a good game, or even sink a development studio. Its happened before to other developers. I'm curious what paradox does own and if the possiblity of a sos sequel is there. It would be a shame if "this is it" for the SoS 4x games because they had a bad rollout. I mean the game is good now but there is so much that can be in the future. Its exciting and vibrant. I personally would love to write some fan fiction about people playing Sots in the future but I kinda would like a a-okay for that (since I've never written fan fiction so I don't know what legality writing everything entails on sharing things on the internet.)

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:48 pm

Kerberos owns the rights to the SotS Universe. Paradox effectively owns the rights to SotS1 and SotS2. Kerberos owns the rights to the Mars engines on which SotS1 and SotS2 are based, but using those engines to develop another SotS title puts them in murky waters, and Paradox can afford a lot more lawyers than they can. So I'd guess Kerb might be thinking to avoid making another SotS-verse 4x until they can afford to make a new engine for it to make it as clearly distinct from what came before as possible, for legal reasons.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Suggestions!

Post by zanzibar196 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:39 pm

bluesmet wrote:
zanzibar196 wrote:

If I did I would fund it unequivocally . Though I doubt Kerberos would want any producers. Too many cooks in a kitchen spoils a good meal, and pressure from a producer can ruin a good game, or even sink a development studio. Its happened before to other developers. I'm curious what paradox does own and if the possiblity of a sos sequel is there. It would be a shame if "this is it" for the SoS 4x games because they had a bad rollout. I mean the game is good now but there is so much that can be in the future. Its exciting and vibrant. I personally would love to write some fan fiction about people playing Sots in the future but I kinda would like a a-okay for that (since I've never written fan fiction so I don't know what legality writing everything entails on sharing things on the internet.)

Kerberos has mentioned in the past that they might be open to an investment type deal, but yeah, I don't think they want or need a publisher. For example, if you approached Mecron, and said I have this cool idea for a game, and i will give you some creative license with how you develop my base idea, with some light consulting... And here's a million to get the project done... They might agree to split each sale, where you get like... 20% or something like that.

EnigmaticDoctor

Post by EnigmaticDoctor » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:23 am

The 'Post questions for episodes here' thread seems buried a little deep doesn't it?
I don't even really understand the structure to get to it. Its outside of the 'Discuss' forum, in side an 'episodes' sub-forum. I am definitely using the wrong words. Apologies. I suggest that it be moved for easier access, maybe even pinned to every forum for ease, as the 'Read me first and be civil' thread is. We likes it easy.

It is not pronounced, "en-ni-ma(t)-(tic)-doc-tor"

EnigmaticDoctor

Post by EnigmaticDoctor » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:48 am

Also MOAR Almighty Johnsons! Make everyone watch it so we can get new seasons!

It is not pronounced, "en-ni-ma(t)-(tic)-doc-tor"

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:31 am

yay! Another AJ fan!! Finally!

joestej

Post by joestej » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Not sure which of the two suggestion topics I should be posting to, so I'm just going to leave this here. I have many, many questions for you all, but I'll stop at three and you can pick from those. Someone else should get a turn to pester, after all. :D

1) Any plans to expand Ground Pounders to include the Liir, Zuul, or Morrigi? I assume adding any of them will also require the addition of psychic mechanics, similar to how they were added to The Pit for Mind Games.

2) It sounds like the Pit is winding down, with almost every existing faction represented and hints of a sequel in the air. Any chance a Loa might wander in before the original closes its doors, or that you'll release some kind of 'Complete Collection' with all the Expansions and DLCs in a nice bundle?

3) In terms of visual design for the various games, do the designs come first or does the lore? I know the visual came first for the Great Fathers, but is that usually the case? Also, could you walk us through how you all came up with the different visual themes for the various races?

Return to “Discuss”