Episode 5 - Who are you and what have you done with Arinn?

Listen! Then come talk to us!

Moderator: Erinys

castewarkp
Site Admin

Episode 5 - Who are you and what have you done with Arinn?

Post by castewarkp » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:01 am

Slightly delayed due to crunch-time, here is the fifth episode of Kerb Stomp, in which we talk about Cataclysm, death in games, documentaries, and more, with our special guest Artist Super-Freak John Yakimow!

The documentary Martin recommends is Lady Valor: The Kristin Beck Story http://www.ladyvalorfilm.com/ and the Escapist article on Homeworld: Cataclysm can be found here; http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/goodoldreviews/13659-Good-O

http://kerberos.podomatic.com/entry/201 ... 2_44-07_00

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Re: Episode 5 - Who are you and what have you done with Arin

Post by zanzibar196 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Seriously... wtf did you guys do with Arinn?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:52 pm

the dreaded evil known as vacation? :P

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:15 pm

She's actually allowed to have one? :?

Next thing you know, Meron'll be taking one too. Then it all spirals out of control from there...
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

joestej

Post by joestej » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:07 pm

Giant monsters rampaging out of control, plague-infested abominations wandering the streets, cities in flames... Oh wait. That's what's Kerberos NORMALLY does. What would out of control look like?

Please thank John for coming on and for answering my question (assuming he isn't lurking quietly around here somewhere in secret). It's always nice to hear from a new voice, and it was great to listen to you all talk about the different design challenges for each game. Let me know next time he plans on coming on, there's still more information I want to rip from his- I mean, questions I'd like to ask.

On a somewhat related note, I actually did get to see some of the new Kaiju footage on Ms. Dembo's Facebook page a few days before the podcast went up. Sadly, I don't think I'm ever going to be able to attack cities at night. I'll be too busy torching things and walking my monster toward the camera to get that 'Godzilla in the flames' look to actually have it defend itself. Seriously, how many Kaiju movies have all of you watched, because the flame lighting on that video was exactly how I remembered it. Very nicely done.

marshb

Post by marshb » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:15 pm

I agree. There will be a flood of kaiju selfies the first couple of weeks at least! :P
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Return to “Discuss”