[1.3.0.56] Base Gun LOS Obscurement

Giant monsters take a lot of work to keep running. Report any issues here!

Moderator: Erinys

Defenestar

[1.3.0.56] Base Gun LOS Obscurement

Post by Defenestar » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:55 pm

So my base got attacked. Try to contain your astonishment.

And I observed something. The three dead Mechamen (whose vehicles I will call MegaMechTech MechaMechs for brevity's sake) on the right got there from the location of the leftmost broken MegaMechTech MechaMech without taking any fire from the line of turrets to the south of my Annihilator Ray. The guns weren't even tracking them. I think maybe the two dead MegaMechTech MechaMechs there were casting such a large LOS shadow that the guns could not see them.

There were also two occurrences during that battle of Behemoth tanks appearing to the immediate left of the Annihilator ray without it tracking on them at all, which I am guessing was for the same reason.

Also a hydrofoil was able to wander back and forth just off the coast from that line of guns to the south of the Annihilator without taking any fire, I've observed that kind of thing there before, without the smashed-up MegaMechTech MechaMechs present. Maybe there's something going on with the coast there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

who

Re: [1.3.0.56] Base Gun LOS Obscurement

Post by who » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:05 pm

hmm that is odd, I'll take a look at their targeting and see if I can find out what's exactly going on.

Edit: But the first Mechs got gunned down by the turrets, correct?

Defenestar

Post by Defenestar » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:49 pm

If memory serves, then the second one from the left fell to the Annihilator. I'm not sure if the leftmost MegaMechTech MechaMech died to the guns or Gordon.

Defenestar

Post by Defenestar » Thu May 04, 2017 7:18 pm

Observations during base combat suggest that the Guardian and Ultrasan might share this issue with the MegaMechTech MechaMechs.

Edit: Planto too.

Edit II: Effect observed again, this time with gooplings while adjusting the value if waterfront property in New Delhi. They just sort of got stuck next to a fallen Ultrasan, like they couldn't see anything to shoot.

Edit Rising: Revengeance: The green bar on the forward exit of the patrol combat maps also appears to cast a LOS shadow, a couple of my rampaging eyeball monsters got stuck in it while chasing a laser plane.

who

Post by who » Tue May 23, 2017 11:58 pm

I did address some targeting issues in 1.3.0.60, let me know if similar situations happen (and autosaves especially for base invasions turret problems)

Return to “Technical Support-A-GoGo”