I looked at the Steam reviews page

Have an idea for the game? Let us know what it is!

Moderator: Erinys

Defenestar

I looked at the Steam reviews page

Post by Defenestar » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:32 pm

So I had a look at the Steam review status for KAGG, and was shocked and appalled. Mixed? Mixed!?! KAGG should have a Mostly Positive at least. This is one of my favourite games.

People's complaints seem to be in the realms of framerate loss, crashes (for the Goop in particular), not knowing what they're doing, and thinking Kerberos isn't paying attention to the game.

Stability and performance are obviously already targets for improvement, so there's nothing I need to say there.

For the other two areas, I'm going to suggest:

1. Loadscreen tips. You could even put a pinned threat in this very forum called the tip jar for people to suggest things to put in the rotation.

2. Post slightly more often to the Steam news thingy, and issue changelogs more often. You know that you keep dropping new patches. I know that you keep dropping new patches. Someone who only looked at the Steam news for KAGG could get the mistaken impression that you haven't done anything with it since March 2016.

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: I looked at the Steam reviews page

Post by Mecron » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Sorry def, but this is one of the cases where the fan base has set the tone. The year spent in solid communication, rapid updates, and full delivery on all crowdsourcing promises did not result in anything positive, so resources had to be reallocated in other directions. The updates still occur. Bugs are squished in a timely manner as they are found, mainly by you, but that's about all the resources we have at the moment.

The loadscreen tips is a great idea though and we will add it to the list.

Defenestar

Post by Defenestar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:23 pm

All those things probably helped to get KAGG the playerbase it's got now. I'm just trying to get the review ratings to go up a couple notches so as to maximize sales once you have all of the bugs stomped and all of the content you want to put in added, and the game relaunches as Kaiju-A-GoGo: Game of the Apocalypse Edition. That said, I don't know how much of a bastard it is to get Steam to put up a newsthingy. The more work, money, or ritual human sacrifices that process requires, the more it seems like something you'd want to let slide.

I'm just going to assume that you know what you're doing, though. And I'll post bug reports and logs and stuff as they arise.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:50 pm

"maximize sales once you have all of the bugs stomped"

You are right. Content additions should have halted at release.

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Mecron wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:50 pm
"maximize sales once you have all of the bugs stomped"

You are right. Content additions should have halted at release.
Please don't feed the troll. He obviously has no clue how game development, advertising, sales, and all the other stuff you guys do works in real life.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:53 am

def's not a troll but the negging is not as subtle as he thinks :twisted:

Defenestar

Post by Defenestar » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Y'all still got crash bugs on the Goop is what I'm talking about. I like the Goop, but I've yet to finish a run with him because of that. It's not negging or trolling or anything of the sort. It's a bit of the game which does not work. KAGG is still a personal favourite that I recommend to people because I suspect from me being most of the bug postings and Kerberos' established record of bug-hunting that they'll either not run in to what I am or it'll get fixed anyway.

But for now it's still an issue.

Also, seriously Zanz? Trolling? Clearly that's what I'm wanting to do here. Annoy Mecron. Nothing I do or say on these forums suggests for a moment that I might quite like KAGG and want more of it. No, obviously, I'm just here to raise the devs' blood pressure. Christ on a croissant, man, if I'm looking to entertain myself, I'll just fire up Shrub-Ziggurath and sack Calgary again.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Update arriving soon

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:43 am

So just so I'm not misunderstanding things... Did KAGG not produce the sales numbers that you thought you would get? This in spite of adding the free content and constant updates from crowd-sourcing promises?

KAGG for me has been the most worthwhile game you guys have released since going indie. I'm really bummed to hear that if this is the case.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Lets just say we have supported it above and beyond its earning arc ;)

Torezu

Post by Torezu » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:24 pm

That doesn't surprise me, and is consistent with Kerb's history as a company. It'd be nice to see the earning arcs change, rather than support diminish over time (due to lack of resources, not lack of effort). On that note, how are the current projects progressing? ;p

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:02 pm

I think marketing is the biggest problem. Just not enough people who get word of their projects. It's frustrating because their games are all awesome.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:29 pm

A little...the real problem is that when you are small and indy you are very vulnerable to be crapped on by people who don't have the time to actually play your game.

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:43 pm

What kinda makes me annoyed is that I see two man teams like the guys from SPAZ 1 and 2 get decent sales and hype. And I'm not saying they don't deserve it, I just don't get why so few people seem to want to give your stuff a try.

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:05 pm

Slashman wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:43 pm
What kinda makes me annoyed is that I see two man teams like the guys from SPAZ 1 and 2 get decent sales and hype. And I'm not saying they don't deserve it, I just don't get why so few people seem to want to give your stuff a try.
The haters mostly state SotS 2 release... while that was bad, Kerberos fixed it. A shame that they think one bad game = an entire studio that makes bad games. :(

Return to “Suggestions-A-GoGo”