Can I place an upgrade onto an older building type?

Have an idea for the game? Let us know what it is!

Moderator: Erinys

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Can I place an upgrade onto an older building type?

Post by zanzibar196 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:01 am

For example... I'd think just upgrading the Kaiju repair pad instead of building a whole new one would make sense, as would the training facility. Not sure if you'd want to do that with the other building types, but at least for those two, it really doesn't make sense to leave the old ones laying around.

The Apprentice

Re: Can I place an upgrade onto an older building type?

Post by The Apprentice » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:17 am

I wondered about this as well- are there ramifications from the base defense mission?

I mean, I could see the utility in having redundant repair facilities if they destroy your top tier one.
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

zanzibar196

Post by zanzibar196 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:10 am

The Apprentice wrote:I wondered about this as well- are there ramifications from the base defense mission?

I mean, I could see the utility in having redundant repair facilities if they destroy your top tier one.

I got attacked by the anti-kaiju guys... they sent mostly planes, some tanks, and 4 destroyers... I killed everything EXCEPT 2 destroyers with 2 normal guns, and a laser gun and my tier 3 Kaiju. I sat and stared at the destroyers doing figure 8's for an hour. (as my Kaiju was dead, and I was sitting in the pod). Went to sleep. Left the computer on ALL NIGHT. Woke up, still doing figure 8's... forced closed the game with alt + f4 and had to re-start. From friggin Anchorage, as I was relying on auto-save. Conclusion: Even though several bombs, missiles, etc... hit my facility, nothing even had a dent in the HP area, except my Kaiju. Given what I saw, the structures are invincible. Your Kaiju isn't. Yeah. Base combat needs to be seriously tweaked.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:23 am

or possibly its a bug. Possibly?

zanzibar196

Post by zanzibar196 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:23 am

Mecron wrote:or possibly its a bug. Possibly?

As I said, I'm hoping it gets fixed :)

Return to “Suggestions-A-GoGo”