Places for civvies to flee to

Have an idea for the game? Let us know what it is!

Moderator: Erinys

Defenestar

Places for civvies to flee to

Post by Defenestar » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:53 am

Civilians flee from the kaiju, but where are they running to? Currently it's map edges, water bodies, anywhere that they can despawn instead of being vaporized, stepped on, or eaten by a kaiju.

What if they, or at least some of them, would leg it toward specific buildings? Like maybe some of them are registered with the militia and go to appropriate structures to grab weapons, despawning the civilian unit and spawning a unit or two of militia or rocket militia.

Ciurrioc

Re: Places for civvies to flee to

Post by Ciurrioc » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:18 pm

a couple of us suggested this a time ago to use the Emergency buildings as such

but I have one Better now that the topic is up again.

Evac Units, Heli's, APC's, Units that drive over Civies scooping them up and despawning them. and buildings they drive near have a decreased chance to spawn fleeing Civs.

Destroying them (the Evac Units) won't net as large of a Moral Hit, and are definitely a spawn
when you enter cities that are prepared for you.
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

Defenestar

Post by Defenestar » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:28 pm

Oh, that'd be neat. While we play KAGG, the KDF plays something akin to Atom Zombie Smasher (dunno if you are familiar with it, but that game's major metric for success in missions is how many of the little civilian dots made it to the evac helicopter before the evil murderdots over-run the place).

I might think that shooting down the evac units themselves would deal respectable morale hits, given what melting one of those things in to an irradiated puddle is going to do to the overall casualties in town. The challenge would be catching them, as staying the fuck away from the kaiju would likely be a priority for such units.

Ciurrioc

Post by Ciurrioc » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:24 am

true, but the reason I go for lesser moral hit is so folks don't game the fuz out of the Evac Units by farming them.

Strength for Evac Units?

Almost always around, and home in on Civs (rather than the other way around so you don't get the obvious esploitz of alot of sheep on one block)

really fast, advance units and KDF Evac units get counter measures and "Dodge* chances against you.

AOE/City wide attacks like firestorm or Spore won't be as effective with the Evac Units moving Civs out. :awesome:

Weakness?

Lets say they're finite, give some strategic element to the player to knock down those units if they so choose

Yes Having Civs home on Evac units and having evac units give a decent moral hit would be oodles awesome but can get exploited so hard I can already see it.

any thoughts?
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

Defenestar

Post by Defenestar » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:27 am

Oh, people will totally exploit them where possible. I'm thinking that time a kaiju spends trying to chase down the evac helicopters is likely time spent trying to run through a sea of buildings and would serve to complicate tasks like trying not to get surrounded by stasis tanks or scoring as much purpletonium as possible. So making a point of hunting them might be a good way to take a city faster and more intact, but at a cost of putting your kaiju at greater risk because most of the evac unit activity takes place in spots you cannot reach super easily.

Hm. That might require the evac units co-ordinating to a degree with other KDF units, so that hitting the evac units would often require punching through heavy opposition. Not beyond the abilities of a kaiju, but not a trivial task either.

Return to “Suggestions-A-GoGo”