I looked at the Steam reviews page

Have an idea for the game? Let us know what it is!

Moderator: Erinys

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: I looked at the Steam reviews page

Post by Mecron » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Its not really up to them. Its up to gamer's and they respond with their wallets and we respond accordingly. If they don't want a game or let themselves be biased cause someone rambles first on youtube, what can ya do? Except make more games. We ain't going anywhere ;)

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:46 pm

Mecron wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:06 pm
Its not really up to them. Its up to gamer's and they respond with their wallets and we respond accordingly. If they don't want a game or let themselves be biased cause someone rambles first on youtube, what can ya do? Except make more games. We ain't going anywhere ;)
Well said. Although, if I may make a suggestion for the future. There are still a few small websites out there that can help get the word out and won't ask for your first born. If the hypothetical SotS HD ever comes to pass, then maybe a contacting a site like eXplorminate.net for some exposure might help you along. They focus on 4x games almost exclusively. I don't think there's anything wrong with approaching those kinds of gaming sites to help build some hype. Most of the places where you appeared to talk about your upcoming games were places I had never heard about. And by extension, probably most of my gamer friends hadn't either.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:54 pm

We always contact everyone. But if we could buy ad space with everyone, things would be better :twisted:

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Heh. Excuse my ignorance in the matter. This indy stuff is hard.

Guess the odds of someone like Notch showing up to toss you a few million to make a SotS 4x are pretty small huh? :(
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:09 pm

lol well if he loved original 4X maybe...also he is more comfy with people who ask for a couple hundred grand. ;)

Defenestar

Post by Defenestar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:27 am

Is there, like, much opportunity to cross-promote? Like trades with other developers, like a skin pack with battle mummy Ginormasaurus, slime tree Shrubby and 20something Gordo to get hat tips in Immortal Redneck, Slime Rancher, and 20XX and to each show up on each-others' Steam news thingummies.

Also I would totally buy Game of the Apocalypse edition. Especially if it gives us more things to stomp on/with. I like this game.

Return to “Suggestions-A-GoGo”