Incoming questions

Talk about all things to do with the sequel to our flagship 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

User avatar
Kelsier
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Incoming questions

Post by Kelsier » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:39 pm

I have two off topic questions not worth starting a new thread for, so I'll just leave it here.

Regarding XP support, will it be like a hard cap? Where you try to start the demo or game and you get a little error box along the lines of

'You have DX9, upgrade to DX10 or ¯\_(ツ)_/¯'

Or will it run, but very very badly/not the way it's supposed to.



And question completely new, we will be able to write names for and on our ships and such, but what about icons uploaded from your computer to the internet. So say instead of the standard projected image off of ships. I could make mine err....a pony. ?

User avatar
Gwenio
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 am

Re: Incoming questions

Post by Gwenio » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:48 pm

Kelsier wrote:I have two off topic questions not worth starting a new thread for, so I'll just leave it here.

Regarding XP support, will it be like a hard cap? Where you try to start the demo or game and you get a little error box along the lines of

'You have DX9, upgrade to DX10 or ¯\_(ツ)_/¯'

Or will it run, but very very badly/not the way it's supposed to.


DX10 will not install on XP (unless you have a way of tricking it which is highly not recommended) and if the DX10 files & registry entries are not there the game cannot start.

User avatar
MancombSeepgood
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Incoming questions

Post by MancombSeepgood » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:06 pm

Kelsier wrote:And question completely new, we will be able to write names for and on our ships and such, but what about icons uploaded from your computer to the internet. So say instead of the standard projected image off of ships. I could make mine err....a pony. ?


I would assume that is something the modders will have to accomplish. I'd also assume it should be a fairly easy thing to mod in, so you can have your USS Pestilent Pony :mrgreen: .

By the way, I'm really looking forward to naming my flagships "USS Enterprise NCC-1701" and adding letters of the alphabet to the name whenever they're destroyed and I have to rebuild them. As Captain Facepalm said: "There are plenty of letters left in the alphabet." ;)

Kelsier wrote: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯'

What is that ungodly smiley with the "tsu" in the middle?

User avatar
xRei
Posts: 1173
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:46 am

Re: Incoming questions

Post by xRei » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:12 pm

Kelsier - More bronies invading the Kerberos forums? xP
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny The Elder
Roman scholar & scientist (23 AD - 79 AD)


"35- Lavamadness fixed a thing with construction ships showing different thingies."
-Mecron
Comment on fix 35 of the AMoC 1.6.3 patch

User avatar
Kelsier
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Incoming questions

Post by Kelsier » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:13 pm

Thanks for the info, I'd really like to try the demo before I go and upgrade my entire system for this one game though.

MancombSeepgood wrote:
Kelsier wrote: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯'

What is that ungodly smiley with the "tsu" in the middle?


Iunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User avatar
MancombSeepgood
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:44 pm

Re: Incoming questions

Post by MancombSeepgood » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:15 pm

Kelsier wrote:Iunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Oh my god, I see it now. Ingenious ;).

User avatar
xRei
Posts: 1173
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:46 am

Re: Incoming questions

Post by xRei » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:16 pm

MancombSeepgood wrote:
Kelsier wrote:Iunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Oh my god, I see it now. Ingenious ;).


Lol I just saw it too. Good stuff. XD
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny The Elder
Roman scholar & scientist (23 AD - 79 AD)


"35- Lavamadness fixed a thing with construction ships showing different thingies."
-Mecron
Comment on fix 35 of the AMoC 1.6.3 patch

User avatar
Kelsier
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Incoming questions

Post by Kelsier » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:23 pm

xRei wrote:Kelsier - More bronies invading the Kerberos forums? xP


Decided to try the first episode to see what all the hype was about.


I was addicted to Fluttershy as soon as I heard her voice<3
How can you not love Fluttershy? My brain melts when I hear her voice.

User avatar
xRei
Posts: 1173
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:46 am

Re: Incoming questions

Post by xRei » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:40 pm

Kelsier wrote:
xRei wrote:Kelsier - More bronies invading the Kerberos forums? xP


Decided to try the first episode to see what all the hype was about.


I was addicted to Fluttershy as soon as I heard her voice<3
How can you not love Fluttershy? My brain melts when I hear her voice.


LOUDER
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny The Elder
Roman scholar & scientist (23 AD - 79 AD)


"35- Lavamadness fixed a thing with construction ships showing different thingies."
-Mecron
Comment on fix 35 of the AMoC 1.6.3 patch

User avatar
Kelsier
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Incoming questions

Post by Kelsier » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:47 pm

xRei wrote:
Kelsier wrote:
xRei wrote:Kelsier - More bronies invading the Kerberos forums? xP


Decided to try the first episode to see what all the hype was about.


I was addicted to Fluttershy as soon as I heard her voice<3
How can you not love Fluttershy? My brain melts when I hear her voice.


LOUDER


yay

User avatar
Mecron
Kerberos
Posts: 38677
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:26 pm

Re: Incoming questions

Post by Mecron » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:15 am

ok furries...shoo! back to the barn!

User avatar
marshb
Posts: 2607
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:25 pm

Re: Incoming questions

Post by marshb » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:27 am

Mecron wrote:ok furries...shoo! back to the barn!

Thank god, I'm borderline diabetic. :bangdesk:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Brogatar
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: Incoming questions

Post by Brogatar » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:28 am

Of course badgers don't usually stay in a barn.

User avatar
xRei
Posts: 1173
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:46 am

Re: Incoming questions

Post by xRei » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:13 pm

Mecron wrote:ok furries...shoo! back to the barn!


Lol, not furries in this case... Well I am actually, but thats actually a random coincidental observation on your part, because bronies aren't furries.. just fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is magic..

So the correct phrase would have been "ok bronies... shoo! back to the barn!"

I'm sure you care SO much about all this, which is why I wrote out this response for your benefit.

Wuff.
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny The Elder
Roman scholar & scientist (23 AD - 79 AD)


"35- Lavamadness fixed a thing with construction ships showing different thingies."
-Mecron
Comment on fix 35 of the AMoC 1.6.3 patch

User avatar
Tyrargo
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: Incoming questions

Post by Tyrargo » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:50 pm

Minor question: seen on screens and videos that human ships will have names on command section, like "SFS Minsk" and "SFS 01" (the constructors were lazy to think up the name?), will they havenames in release? If yes, how are they named? Is thee a text file or just design name?
The greatest irony of Iron Savior is that it was actually made of steel.

Post Reply

Return to “SotS2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests