Incoming questions

Talk about all things to do with the sequel to our flagship 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

gunnyfreak

Re: Incoming questions

Post by gunnyfreak » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:31 am

Ok that just raised another question...

If a fleet is caught without an admiral (such as in transit) does it fight as normal?
Or is there like a forced auto resolve or something?

corksacker69

Post by corksacker69 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:56 am

what im kinda wondering is how multiple fleets moving together on the same mission would work out. for example

fleet 1 is the main attack fleet
fleet 2 is the reserve fleet
fleet 3 is the supply/support fleet

they are all selected at once and all do a survey mission to an unexplored star. upon arrival they encounter a hostile fleet.

do you get to select which fleet engages the enemy?
is it possible to swap ships between fleets in between the combat rounds?
can the supply ships in fleet 3 supply and repair the ships in the fleets 1 and 2?
what if fleet 1 loses there admiral and/or CnC ship in a combat round. can replacements come from the other fleets?

clumping the fleets together into 1 big super fleet and having them perform missions together seems like the way sots1 handed things but with a lot more overhead, like admirals and CnC's for every fleet and such.
Last edited by corksacker69 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jorgen_CAB

Post by Jorgen_CAB » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:01 am

From what I understand two fleets will not be able to interact in the manner that you describe, but I could be wrong.

I also do not think that it will be common to run several fleets on the same missions due to the factors of restriction on not only command but also on supply. Not to mention Admirals will be rather few in comparison to how many you need.

If I get to speculate then I don't think that Admirals/CnC ships command ratio is based on ship class any more but only an amount of ships. Naval base is the primary factor on the size of how big ships you can use based on the support limit. With that I think that using one single fleet on missions will be what you do almost always. I could again be wrong though. :)

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:56 pm

"Ok that just raised another question..."

...too bad it didn't create more time for more answers :thumbsup:

gunnyfreak

Post by gunnyfreak » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:12 pm

yeah... such a shame isn't it.....

:(

Tyrargo

Post by Tyrargo » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:17 pm

Combat music! Was it changed completely, or left as is, or updated to sound more awesome? (LOVED human and zuul combat themes in SotS1)
The greatest irony of Iron Savior is that it was actually made of steel.

Tyrargo

Post by Tyrargo » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:52 pm

Oh hey!
LVs. Will they be like System killer and other single-sectioned giant vessels in SotS 2 - when destroyed those mighty colossal thingies made... poof. :bangdesk:

Seriously?.. JUST POOF? Or will there be some epic death animation?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:54 pm

COmbat music is all new but all thematically based on the orginals...And pure awesome.

Also if you watch the angry joe vid you will see some examples of how much more impressive ships deaths are in general. :thumbsup:

Tyrargo

Post by Tyrargo » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Mecron wrote: Also if you watch the angry joe vid you will see some examples of how much more impressive ships deaths are in general. :thumbsup:

The one with Leviathan and Immortal?
I've only seen a couple of CRs go boom there...
Also, interested: DNs are still fully functional until all their sections go boom?

amtie

Post by amtie » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:16 pm

So they actually LOSE sections now?

jp161

Post by jp161 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:13 pm

My understanding is that ships wont lose sections like they did in SotS 1, where when you lose two, you go boom with DN's being immune to the section damage and you had to do all the hitpoint damage for it to go boom.

Instead, they will get progressively worse from internal damage and while they don't actually lose sections, they do come inoperative. It has been said that you can get critical damage and f.ex. get your ships reactor blow, taking out the ship.

And that's for anything higher than CR, I think.

Hawawaa

Post by Hawawaa » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:00 am

Would it be possible to get a few more pictures (just got through the codex and oh boy I want this game) in game or even some more pics of the on going stress testing? That would be awesome! :D

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:24 am

welcome to the boards Haw! Have you gone through the back log of sots pics at various websites like gamespot and such?

Delta_V

Post by Delta_V » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:07 am

My Turn, My Turn!!! :) :)

Is the AWESOME fleet base model that was used for Argos Naval Yard in the SFS-01 trailer an actual in game station model?

Does the modern Sol Force battlerider have heated seats?

Hawawaa

Post by Hawawaa » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:46 am

Mecron- Heck YA! Come on hock us up with MOAR! (looking for some nice wallpaper of ships exploding or something) :thumbsup:

Also thanks for the welcome, been watch for awhile. Should of joined way earlier.
Last edited by Hawawaa on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “SotS2”