Combat Change coming in next update.

Talk about all things to do with the sequel to our flagship 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

Sizzle

Re: Combat Change coming in next update.

Post by Sizzle » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:50 pm

Good point Mecron.

Question: How does multi-turn combat interact with attrition warfare units like drones / battleriders? More specifically drones. Are they replenished between rounds? (Posting from work so I can't check).

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:55 pm

drones and br's are not the same thing as there is an order of magnitude difference in size and complexity. Drone's get replaced, br's don't get repaired.

Sizzle

Post by Sizzle » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:15 pm

Thanks for the answer. I thought that the two would be treated differently, which is why I specified I was more interested in drones.

Followup question: Does the replacement of drones take supply? Is it a very large amount?

The intent of the question is to see what would be needed, in general, to try using a defending fleet centered around drone carriers with the intent of attempting to increase the "multi battle" endurance of the defending fleet as much as possible. Does such a fleet need a metric ton of supply to keep replenishing the drones? Is it intended for such an approach to be viable?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:17 pm

the supply cost of drones as a weapon system takes their replacements into account. So that in this case they have a supply overhead in the same way a missile would.

Janster

Post by Janster » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:05 pm

I got 3 hostile combat fleets attacking my home world, and 1 invasion fleet. I have 1 heavy fleet and 1 patrol fleet in the system, plus a construction fleet.

Battle goes as follows .

Heavy fleet engages...destroyes 1 enemy fleet.
Construction fleet is engaged 3 times, battle starts and ends immediately.

Battle is over.

Ps.

Could we start combat with zoom to overview instead of circling the fleet...2 reasons, It makes me dizzy, and I gain nothing from it, other than waiting on it to end and having to reorient myself every combat.

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Resok » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Janster wrote:Ps.

Could we start combat with zoom to overview instead of circling the fleet...2 reasons, It makes me dizzy, and I gain nothing from it, other than waiting on it to end and having to reorient myself every combat.

FYI at any time you can skip the circling the fleet animation by hitting escape. This was also the same in SOTS1.

-Resok

Return to “SotS2”