Video Walk-Throughs

Talk about all things to do with the sequel to our flagship 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

Seeker86

Re: Video Walk-Throughs

Post by Seeker86 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Excellent work, thank you!

Shadow
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by Shadow » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:23 pm

Come on Kerberos, this is sticky worthy. :)
Dennis J. Greene
aka
Shadow
SFCShadow (on Paradox Forum)

patton1942

Post by patton1942 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:42 pm

Dude, seriously. How are you not employed by Kerberos. You're an animal. As I just recently starting playing SoTS II, I've grown to remember with a bittersweet fondness the steep learning curve of the first game, which is magnified many times for this one. I've read the manual, read the forums, etc. Still, nothing helps like a visual, hands on video like yours.

Great job.
Mecron on Rebellions: "hell no, we won't go!" becomes "Holy crap! We don't wanna glow!"
Here be pirates

Treliant

Post by Treliant » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:55 pm

Just watched your videos Rorschach and I tip my hat to you sir :!: They are quick, concise and extremely informative and definitly deserve a sticky in the forum for new players to check out to help them get up to speed.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:56 pm

Patton, he was THE FIRST honorary DawgSoldier and high priest amongst the clerics. And has been mentioned in various credits. :P

And shadow, do you mind if we sit down and turn on our comps first?

Shadow
Ante Priore Wangum

Post by Shadow » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:12 am

Mecron wrote:Patton, he was THE FIRST honorary DawgSoldier and high priest amongst the clerics. And has been mentioned in various credits. :P

And shadow, do you mind if we sit down and turn on our comps first?

D'oh, got in late today did ya? Hehe I posted after lunch after all, you're the same time zone I'm in (currently anyway). :)

But yes, you can turn computers on and stuff, of course you can! :) :twisted: :angel: :awesome: :blush:

Thanks Mec, you're superman and your team is the League of Justice! :)
Dennis J. Greene
aka
Shadow
SFCShadow (on Paradox Forum)

BandC

Post by BandC » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:29 am

These videos are superb. Thanks and keep them coming!

Aphil

Post by Aphil » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:21 am

I'm super excited to watch the video you'll make for the Loa. I'm sure there will be plenty of insightful things that will help me become better at this game. :D

FarOceans

Post by FarOceans » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:06 pm

PLEASE, in your video walkthrough, show us how to send a fleet from "owned star system A" to "owned star system B".
I can't seem to be able to move fleets from system to system. It should be simple, as in, make this fleet go there.....
There is no "move to" in the orders selection menu. It has Patrol, Survey, etc, but not a simple "Go To".

Here is the issue. Sent Fleet A on a "colonize" mission to a star. It had been surveyed and had a really nice planet.
The system showed up in the list of "can colonize" for the colonize planet order.
Fleet A took damage at the star system with the really nice planet. Colonizer got damaged.
Auto return sent it to a different system than it originated from, much farther away.
Once back and repaired it could colonize again but the star system with the nice planet did not show up on the "can colonize" list!
Spiral galaxy, nobody else has access to the "good planet", it's behind the ones I already have so another player did not colonize it.

I was thinking if I could move the fleet with the colony ship closer it could colonize the "good planet".

-----------------------------------

I have to say I really like the fleet management in SOTS far, far better than what is in SOTS II.
Any way we could bring that back to SOTS II ?

Far Oceans
-= Far Oceans =-

Rorschach
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Rorschach » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:28 pm

I kind of already mentioned it in the Strategic Screen video. Fleets travel from a base. They go out on missions and return to base. If you need to relocate fleets you need to have a new base with enough supply for the fleet and then send the fleet on a Rebase mission to move to the new base. I'll go over it again in the design/build/fleet video but it's pretty covered in the manual as well.

Nornagest

Post by Nornagest » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Really great work, Rorschach, looking forward to the other videos!

Thank you very much!
Scientia est potentia!

5. Respect others
Although you may feel passionately about a particular topic or subject, please understand that there are people behind every username. Respect their thoughts and opinions and you will be treated in kind. Again, trolling is not tolerated on this forum and will be dealt with.

Yskonyn

Post by Yskonyn » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:50 am

Superb videos again, Rorshach. Greatly appreciated and looking forward to seeing more!

jam3

Post by jam3 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:16 pm

Just curious which screen capture tool your using.

Baleur

Post by Baleur » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Great! :)
Looking forward to the economy video, as i'm still not sure on how trading works, how many goods u should strife for, when they are generated and consumed, why warehouses help, if one should get freighters at every planet or only the capital, how to protect against pirates, the role of police cutters, etc etc..

Furthermore, these videos NEED to be linked in the main game launcher, along with the Manual links already there.
Planetside 2 does this, so it's pretty acceptable in official games to link to youtube videos for tutorials.

It would help new players immensely, much more than the manuals, visual and auditory teaching is so much better in every way.
More player enjoyment. Less identical questions on the forums. Less confusions. More fun.
Everybody wins. Do this next patch Kerberos. (with this guys approval, ofc)

scotten

Post by scotten » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:48 am

jam3 wrote:Just curious which screen capture tool your using.

Not sure what Rorschach is using, but I see Fraps used pretty heavily in most Youtube Let's Play videos.

http://www.fraps.com/

Return to “SotS2”