Please stop creating SotS2 business threads

Talk about all things to do with the sequel to our flagship 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

Lord Baal

Re: Please stop creating SotS2 business threads

Post by Lord Baal » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:35 pm

So no. Barring any language barriers that might interfere, the answer is no....

So sad. Not that the game is in a bad shape now, but of course it could have been so much more! It's sad because with the right expansion I think the game could be reignited.

Well, time will tell if SotS3 will be made.
Imagine your own funny quote here.

Firefreek

Post by Firefreek » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:57 am

So could a kikstarter be made to fund kerberos not specifically SOTS2 and then kerberos could use it for what ever they wanted? Possibly patching SOTS2?

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:17 am

Firefreek wrote:So could a kikstarter be made to fund kerberos not specifically SOTS2 and then kerberos could use it for what ever they wanted? Possibly patching SOTS2?

So, why would kerberos fix a game that makes them zero dollars per sale? Does this even make sense, business wise? It makes more sense to release new games, that when updated, sell more copies and actually make them money.

BellaStrega

Post by BellaStrega » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:43 am

I've made peace with SotS2's state.

And its state is not bad at all.

The new stuff has been hella fun, too.

Dark_Messiah

Post by Dark_Messiah » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:35 pm

BellaStrega wrote:I've made peace with SotS2's state.

And its state is not bad at all.

The new stuff has been hella fun, too.

I aggree the game is great content wise, unfortunately the multiplayer crashes almost every turn or just randomly, and my friend crashes in single player a lot as well. So while the content is ace, the game is quite broken. I just hope that we will see some fixes sometime in the future, so that i could play multiplayer finally.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:24 pm

Broken for you, perhaps? Other folks seem to be able to enjoy it without problems, see duckbird vs Blue Instinct in the MP forums as just one example.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

WOEaintME

Post by WOEaintME » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:23 am

The only thing I would classify as truly broken is the Loa AI.

Lord Baal

Post by Lord Baal » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:28 pm

That would be the most ironic thing, don't you think?
Imagine your own funny quote here.

Aranador

Post by Aranador » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:06 am

I dunno - seems right to me. In my own completely skewed view of the game universe, the Loa are buggy programs that are programmed to act like they're sentient in a grand Liir plot to provide a fake 'enemy of the universe' to distract everyone from their own evil.

But I am silly like that. Death to the fish !

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:11 am

Aranador wrote:But I am silly like that. Death to the fish !

Preach it brother! Death to the aquatic lifeforms!!!
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Dar25

Post by Dar25 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:19 am

zanzibar196 wrote: So, why would kerberos fix a game that makes them zero dollars per sale? Does this even make sense, business wise? It makes more sense to release new games, that when updated, sell more copies and actually make them money.

Because if you care about your reputation, your product of love which took years to make and finally the customers who put their money, time and trust into your project - you don't leave them hanging with half broken/half unfinished game and call it a day. It's not about money at that point, or at least is shouldn't be for any self respecting development studio.

Like many others who saw steam update for SotS2 today, my heart was filled with hope once again, for a few brief moments, until i saw most recent threads here and on the steam forums. In the past the mantra was - buy our new stuff, so that we can fix and support our old stuff for you. Now even that seems to be out the window. Unfortunately after reading the latest updates, the new mantra seems to be - buy this game or don't buy this game, we're not making anything from it anymore so you are SOL and it's time to move on... Sigh... :cry: This is so very sad and yet so predictable... C'est la vie... Best of luck with your future projects Kerberos!

Mudkips

Post by Mudkips » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:51 am

Mecron wrote:Simpler answer...Someone is collecting 70% of every dollar sold on sots2...best to find it there.

I don't think it's fair to insinuate that the publisher who shall not be named (I'm guessing it's either Paradox of Voldemort) is doing anything greedy or wrong, or that Kerberos is somehow victimized and silenced. The game is in the red, and I'm guessing the publisher is simply getting all income (after the merchant cut) in order to recoup those losses. If the game becomes profitable, Kerberos will get their cut of sales. The next most-likely scenario is that you signed a timed agreement and it wasn't extended.

It no longer makes financial sense to develop SotS II, and any work done on it from now on will be a gift. Unfortunate and disappointing, but understandable.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:22 am

while you are at least in the ballpark mud, as opposed to dar's inability to read on, over, around or between lines, your interpretation is along the same lines as thatcher was just doing her job to keep coal being mined. But regardless, the proof is in the pudding and we have multiple smooth releases of games and expansions with timely and generous updates full of fan feedback since going fully indy. Something we are very proud of and we will be happy to stand up for how we do things when things are fully under our control. If after all this and all that got done on sots2 on our own tab isn't enough to show we fight the good fight...well what can ya do? ;)

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:13 pm

Mecron wrote:while you are at least in the ballpark mud, as opposed to dar's inability to read on, over, around or between lines, your interpretation is along the same lines as thatcher was just doing her job to keep coal being mined. But regardless, the proof is in the pudding and we have multiple smooth releases of games and expansions with timely and generous updates full of fan feedback since going fully indy. Something we are very proud of and we will be happy to stand up for how we do things when things are fully under our control. If after all this and all that got done on sots2 on our own tab isn't enough to show we fight the good fight...well what can ya do? ;)

Don't assume that there aren't people who don't understand Mec. Even if you still see folks who make it their business to NOT understand.

I think most of the reasonable people here have no doubt about Kerberos going above and beyond for SotS2.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

gennadius

Post by gennadius » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:01 am

Slashman wrote:
Mecron wrote:If after all this and all that got done on sots2 on our own tab isn't enough to show we fight the good fight...well what can ya do? ;)

Don't assume that there aren't people who don't understand Mec. Even if you still see folks who make it their business to NOT understand.

I think most of the reasonable people here have no doubt about Kerberos going above and beyond for SotS2.

I both of your thoughts. Most of us see and understand. Those that don't, at this stage in the game, have to be intentionally maintaining that perspective on things. To what end is anyone's guess.

Return to “SotS2”