Tark Week on the Kerbscovery Channel!

Talk about all things to do with the sequel to our flagship 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: Tark Week on the Kerbscovery Channel!

Post by Erinys » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:48 pm

balti knights wrote:I love the plus 8 *ish. That is one happy looking father......

Are these the sort of artworks that the owners of Lore Books are privy to? I for one thinks the Tarka look is fab... :D

Yep, most of the best artwork is in the Lore books in one form or another. There's a whole chapter on Tarkas. :)

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

ScoSteSal118

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Hey, sorry if this is annoyingly pressuring, but when's stuff getting released? I thought it was today, but nothing seems to be out yet, and it's nearly noon EST. Is it later today for one reason or another, or is it going to be later in this week?

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Nspace » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:03 pm

You were just a few hours early. :)

As of 1pm central (2pm Eastern) The Pit: Juggernaut is out on Steam. Find it here.

Oh and the Ground Pounders Tarka Campaign DLC is out as well. Find it here.
Last edited by Nspace on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:42 pm

yes remember that in terms of Steam and ourselves, reality is based on PST :twisted:

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Tark Week on the Kerbscovery Channel!

Post by zanzibar196 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:43 pm

ScoSteSal118 wrote:Hey, sorry if this is annoyingly pressuring, but when's stuff getting released? I thought it was today, but nothing seems to be out yet, and it's nearly noon EST. Is it later today for one reason or another, or is it going to be later in this week?

Keep in mind, Kerberos is on pst. Noon for you is only 9 am for them... Patience, young grasshopper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawawaa

Post by Hawawaa » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:57 pm

(Shoots tiny money at Kerb and buys both) http://youtu.be/vtu-7xvN7mw

BellaStrega

Post by BellaStrega » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:06 pm

I spent myself broke somehow, but I'll def. get the Juggernaut when I get paid.

Looks promising, though. As well as the nearly 1 gig patch I'm downloading?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:10 pm

that update will allow you to buy DLC as you see fit instead of needing one in order to play the other as it has been in the past.

CrystalDragonSora

Post by CrystalDragonSora » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:39 pm

I bought The Pit DLC as a birthday gift to myself. :lol:

When I get the money I'll buy the Ground Pounders DLC, too. Whenever that ends up being. Will probably gift all of this to friends who don't have it yet once I'm able.
The Crystal Dragon has a blog and Twitter!
We are...seven swords in unison.

The sun was born, and so it shall die, so only shadows comfort me. I know in darkness, I will find you, giving up inside like me... Each day shall end as it begins, and though you're far away from me... I know in darkness, I will find you, giving up inside like me...

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:50 pm

thanks for all the support folks! And keep talking it up where ever you can... Tark Week! (Said like "Art Crawl!" for those who watched middleman)

MTaur

Post by MTaur » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:05 pm

Ammo conversion?!? :-O

Cool, can't wait for GOG to get this. Little $2 DLCs are more than worth it, once you're hooked already. Good luck.
Joining Forces: the parody fan comic with pit peril, dysfunctional teamwork, and suggestive situations with aliens!

http://joining-forces.blogspot.com

ScoSteSal118

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:49 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Well, anyway, thanks for clearing that up. I've bought Juggernaut, and I can't wait to get back to trying to win the game on normal or hard without blue-rooming it (which I've tried a few times and always found too easy until the inevitable moment when I made a dumb mistake and died) with Engi or Shep (ammo-conversion!?!?!).

Also, good on you guys making the (surely rather large) investment of time and energy into revamping your code to allow people to only buy/play some of your wonderfully-growing roster of DLC's.

By the way, I got really excited about the whole witchlord/coven psionic gestalt concept for the Tarka- might the Pit 2 (which iirc will have squad-based rather than individual controlled combat) have a squad that would be a Tarkan elite psi-ops team that could do crazy synergistic stuff or something?!?

MTaur

Post by MTaur » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:58 am

How do independent installs work, anyway? For example, the Shepherd has an innate Psi skill. Does he get that skill by itself even without Mindgames? (I forget whether it even costs and Psi points... the balance would be pretty straightforward without.)

Of course the Seeker would have to come with Psi skills no matter what... As well as the Striker (though maybe not if the non-psi version had other stats instead).

None of this will affect me, but I'm kind of impressed that you went back and patched this in after the fact. It surely must have been painful.
Joining Forces: the parody fan comic with pit peril, dysfunctional teamwork, and suggestive situations with aliens!

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:04 am

actually you are going too far back...the current standard is gold...gold sits on top of MG

MTaur

Post by MTaur » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:07 am

Mecron wrote:actually you are going too far back...the current standard is gold...gold sits on top of MG

So post-Gold DLCs are independent from now on? That makes a lot more sense and sounds less nightmarish.

Return to “SotS2”