Physical Copy

Talk about all things to do with the sequel to our flagship 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

SeleucidKing

Physical Copy

Post by SeleucidKing » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:32 pm

Is there I place where I can purshase a physical disc copy of SOTS II? Or do I need Steam? :any:

marshb

Re: Physical Copy

Post by marshb » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:40 pm

I dont believe so, however, you can purchase it from gog, gamersgate, or steam, but steam is how the game gets its updates.
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Physical Copy

Post by zanzibar196 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:54 pm

Gamersgate is going to be as close to a physical copy as you can get. You should even be able to copy setup.exe and other files onto disc. I would recommend dvd or bluray.

But, yeah... Sots 2 never had a physical copy. It was never distributed that way, just digital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeleucidKing

Post by SeleucidKing » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:28 pm

zanzibar196 wrote:Gamersgate is going to be as close to a physical copy as you can get.

It claims to only have Ground Pounders and the Pit series. Do I have to be a member for SOTSII?

marshb

Post by marshb » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:02 pm

That is weird, the page claims its not available but I can still see it in my profile. Why would they take it off the store? You may have to go through steam, your going to need a steam account anyways. Or are you trying to avoid giving steam your money?
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

SeleucidKing

Post by SeleucidKing » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:46 pm

Uh... I'm not quite out from under my father's wing, and he doesn't like Steam because he is scared that it'll get bought out, they'll change their policy and you have to continuously pay to play your games.... Just being paranoid. So, I'm trying to find a way to circumvent it.

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Nspace » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:40 am

Ha! That sounds like me before I bought SotS 2 on Steam (SotS 2 was my gateway to online purchases; it was my very first Steam game).

More to the point, SotS 2 does not require an internet connection to work. Last I checked, it only requires that Steam be running (though that may have changed at some point, I haven't checked in a while). So in theory you could connect a computer to the internet, download Steam, buy and download SotS 2, run it once to be sure that it works, quit the game, and set Steam to offline mode. At that point you could unplug the internet connection and the game should continue to work with no problems. :)

The only other argument I might put forward at this point would be that SotS 2 is on sale right now for $4.99 (the original SotS is also on sale for $2.49). Even if you only got two hours of gameplay, that would be cheaper than going to a movie. Combine that with a Steam gift card and not adding a credit card into Steam and you could have a nice little setup that has no way of ever charging you any sort of monthly fee.

Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies. ;)
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:11 pm

Nspace wrote:Come to the Steam Side. We have updates. ;)

Fixed that for you! :)

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:55 pm

zanzibar196 wrote:
Nspace wrote:Come to the Steam Side. We have updates. ;)

Fixed that for you! :)

The hell...?

No wonder I never got my cookies!!! :x
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

kk20

Post by kk20 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:58 am

SOTS II most certainly did have a physical copy- I have one. Amazon are also selling them https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sword-Stars-En ... 4CDH5SFQWZ

I have lords of winter on physical DVD too.

Return to “SotS2”