Von Neumann spawning point

Talk about all things to do with the sequel to our flagship 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

willdieh

Von Neumann spawning point

Post by willdieh » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:50 am

Hi!

I had a quick question about Von Neumann in multi-colony systems... Is there any way to know which planet they will spawn at?

I was playing as Morrigi, had two fleets in a system (one combat fleet and one colonizer fleet), and was hit by Von Neumann. My combat fleet was patrolling the system and my colonizer was supporting a colony.

My combat fleet ended up spawning at the wrong colony and was too far away from the VN spawn point to intercept them before they destroyed the other colony. The VNs didn't display in the battle manager screen (that I could see), so I was wondering, without cheating by re-loading the game before combat and positioning my fleet at the spawn point, is there any proper way to intercept a VN strike like this?

Thanks!

Rossinna-Sama

Re: Von Neumann spawning point

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:58 pm

Most random encounters will spawn just in front of the colony which is the furthest away from the center of the sun\star. Not 100% reliable but its the safest bet.

Slavers do the same but they do come from a node-point. Ghosty spawns as close as it can to where your science\naval station is located and heads for them so it won't be where the other randoms come from.
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver Modder
Creator of the Work-In-Progress Seimei Visual Novel series.
My dream game: Combination of Sword of the Stars 2, Angels Fall First, Conquest: Frontier Wars and Warzone 2100.

willdieh

Re: Von Neumann spawning point

Post by willdieh » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:46 pm

awesome, thank you!

Return to “SotS2”