The Blade Recipe Mod

Well, we hadn't planned on it, but here we are...

Moderator: Erinys

MZ0125

The Blade Recipe Mod

Post by MZ0125 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:18 pm

The Blade Recipe Mod:

Ever wondered why the super fancy labs can make some many high tech stuff, yet it can't seem to make a machete from some metal and grind an edge onto it? This proof of concept mod will fix that and only that.

it:
Showcase the ability to add new recipes.
And as dependency requirement, showcase the ability to manipulate certain floor map and character properties.

Installation Procedure:
1. Backup X:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Sword of the Stars - The Pit for all your saves.
2. Backup "The Pit\Content\DLC" so that you can reverse the change.
3. Dump the dlc folder into "The Pit\Content", yes to overwirtes.
4. Start as Engineer, there is a lab station on the entrance level (the snow biome), activate and put in to following recipe: Casing Fragment *3 + Binding, which should all be in your inventory, and it should yield a regular Blade.

Notes:
This mod is only for showcasing some of the possibilities for modding. It is not possible without the great "The Pit" by Kerberos Production. And I do not intend to cause any confusion to others with the vanilla The Pit - Gold Edition + DLCs, but I do intend to give "The Pit" a longer shelf life through modding, since we all love it that much.
1. I messed around with some other entries in the character file. It will make your Pit mobs, different, and the starting gears for the original trios are different in some ways. The changes are not balanced.
2. WARNING. I do not recommend playing with this mod installed as of now, as it may corrupt your global save since it introduced new stuff. You've been warned.
3. As exciting as it may be, please do not post anything about this mod without clearly stating that it is modded. And do not claim wins in the forum. You've been warned.

The Pit - Blade Recipe Mod.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: The Blade Recipe Mod

Post by Mecron » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:01 pm

hmm perhaps we should set up a mod section 8)

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:07 pm

Too soon, maybe, but its a good idea. Stress the backup thingie, the game freaks out if it finds recipes in its list that he does not know exists. Next comes structural rods + any knife = Spear!

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:16 pm

lol that one I was thinking about for the next update :lol:

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Mecron wrote:lol that one I was thinking about for the next update :lol:

Like official update? Or one by our dedicated modder MZ0125?
Because if theres an official one coming thats excellent news! I cant think of any bugs of the top of my head, which is great, cause it means more recipes and maybe some last balance tweaks. (Give the marine an edge over the tarka ranger). It would be specially lovely of you since you already released the last DLC, i know how hard is to spare people to work on a "finished" project.

Glad spears are getting some love. Spears have some the most interesting weapons, but you rarely get spears early enough to train them. Melee weapons are very important for the survival of a run, and weak but not pathetic weapon recipes are scarce. I can only think of the spore dagger ("weak"), the bone dagger and razorclaws, and the claws have such a low durability for the relative worth of the composite cloth that they may as well be pathetic. By the point you can spare the composite cloth (if you can ever spare it), the claws are already useless. So its a definitive win for the game, and may smooth a little bit the RNG element in the early game, considering how common knives are. Man, i could go on and on analyzing how a spear recipe would affect the game, but its kinda silly since you havent even confirmed the update (and knowing you, you wont until its out).

MZ0125

Post by MZ0125 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:37 am

Mecron wrote:hmm perhaps we should set up a mod section 8)

That would be nice.

What would be better is KP can open up more parameters to mod. Like adding new images for new stuff's visual, and the inventory's size limit before it reverse back to the original way dealing with extra space, an example would be full might merc wearing a pocket tesseract.

MZ0125

Post by MZ0125 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:41 am

Svankensen wrote:Too soon, maybe, but its a good idea. Stress the backup thingie, the game freaks out if it finds recipes in its list that he does not know exists. Next comes structural rods + any knife = Spear!

That is easy, gimme three mins, and it will exist in the game.

What I want is the ability to add new image for items that does not exist in the game. All I can do right now is creating a couple new recipes and tweak some numbers. New item entries can be done, but can't add new pics.

nicholizard

Post by nicholizard » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:28 pm

Modding for the Pit would be awesome! Any way to get more pit is good in my book.

nicholizard

Post by nicholizard » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:23 am

Also please make a "no crazed tarka" mod :D

Return to “Modding”