- An “Unlock All Recipes” button has been added.
- There are key commands to “Pick Up All Items” (Shift + G) and “Drop All Items With Durability”. (Control + Shift + G)
- The game will remember shortcuts if you drop and pick up an item.
- A third row of shortcuts has been added for items and psionics.
- Resting has been sped up considerably. (Control + Shift + G to sleep instead of rest)
- Beginner and Ludicrous difficulty levels have been added. Beginner won’t destroy your ingredients when you fail a craft.
- Mouse wheel support for scrolling windows has been added.
- Rebalanced classes, items, props, psionics, and recipes (ongoing)
- The map popup has been enlarged to fill your game window.
- Engineering has been removed and all recipes remapped to other skills.
- Enemy animations have been sped up.
- Kills from your allies now give experience.
- Enemies that spawn creatures like Maintenance Masters and Moon Bear Kings will no longer do that right behind you. Rather they will appear outside of your total vision radius and come chasing. No need to back up to a wall anymore.
- Brains (rebranded as Perception) now increases your vision range. Now you actually have a reason to invest points in it.
- Mechanics that encourage tedious gameplay have been removed:
- Tesseract well no longer destroys items.
- Item destruction trap has been replaced with item discharge trap.
- Traps and Turrets are actually useful now.
- Energy backpacks are no longer larger than laser rifles.
- Many monsters now have a very small chance of dropping their weapon.
- Traps of many types can be crafted and then turned into their corresponding grenades.
- Over 30 new recipes have been added with many more to come. Check them out!
Cool New/Updated Spells!
- Clone - This is the new top tier Manifestation spell. Creates a mindless clone of yourself with the same AC and HP to draw creature agro. Creatures previously targeting you will regain their active target so if the clone is closer they will most likely attack it.
- Dissolve - This now reduces a monster’s armor value by a percentage in addition to its previous effects.
- Haste - This new 3rd tier Redaction spell allows you to increase your speed by 2 for a short time to escape Proteans or move tactically in battle
- Sympathy Pains - Choose an enemy to “Feel your pain”. When you take damage, so do they. Good way to capitalize on getting swarmed or do damage to a creature you don’t have the Penetration to kill.
Cool New (or Previously Missing) Items!
- Active Stims - Protects against unconsciousness.
- Gravity Manipulator - This belt allows you to use heavy weapons.
- Placeable turrets of every variety that exist in the game have been added.
- And more.
Cool New Weapons!
- Short Bow
- Raiziri - A hiver rifle with a bayonet to melee with
- Tranq Gun - Like the crazed surgeon, fires knockout darts
- Spore Lance - Turn your spore dagger into a spear
- Cryorod - Spear that causes cold
- Bone Spear
- Confusion Grenade
- + many more to come
- Casting Glamor on Protean Breeder no longer crashes the game.
- Fear now has a status image.
- Doors no longer make an annoying sound when taking DOT damage.
- Confusion/Chaff grenades have actual effects.
- Necromancer enemies have had their missing animations fixed.
- Arbudas/Pit Builders/Male Tarkas now have limited ammo.
- Canadarmour now uses correct sprite.
- AI Labs can now craft everything that regular labs can.
- Von Neumann Probe shot no longer crashes the game when wearing a harmonic resonator.
These are just the some of the changes! This mod receives regular updates with new content and improved mechanics. To see the entire list of implemented and upcoming changes check out the
Google Change Doc
The Pit Fan Mod is compatible with 1.6.0 Osmium edition. It is a patch and so you must own a valid copy of the game.
To download the mod visit the Pit wikipedia: http://sword-of-the-stars-the-pit.wikia ... ons_(Mods)
To see some videos of changes that have been made, check out the let's play playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... JuRkFqgLjA
Have ideas or just want to talk Pit? Join our Discord! https://discord.gg/nPRWzp5
Your ideas and suggestions are always appreciated. Don’t forget to share your experiences in the comments and have a fun time playing!