Where to buy the game(s)

Talk about all things to do with the acclaimed 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

The return of... BoB!!!

Post by silvaril » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:32 pm

Heya

BoB is back on the listing.

Can we get someone to test?

My current 'net connection is rate limited and the data charges are also unhealthy... :(
silvaril wrote:Love is Love, God is God and I am still Living a Lifetime

Disclaimer:
The views of any individual may not necessarily represent those of "God"(tm)

jhenneike

Re: Where to buy the game(s)

Post by jhenneike » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:44 pm

I tried and the download was successful, but the installed would not run on my Vista 64-bit OS...

However, I found my "backup" CD that I burned from the first time I downloaded it and that worked for me.

John

Buatha

Post by Buatha » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:42 am

This situation sort of highlights why I have never been a proponent of digital downloads to date.

With that said, BoB made me break the blockade by being my first digital purchase.

Anyway, I found a sealed Collector's Edition and I'm thinking about getting it "just in case". Is the novel really good?

erdrik

Post by erdrik » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:05 am

Buatha wrote:...
Anyway, I found a sealed Collector's Edition and I'm thinking about getting it "just in case". Is the novel really good?

No.

Its freaking awsome-sauce.

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

...a good start... ;)

Post by silvaril » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:52 am

Heya

And in a sneaky "why can't I find it?" side step ;) , GamersGate now list themselves as the Publisher for AMoC...

http://gamersgate.com/index.php?page=sh ... _range=all

Judging by the contents of that category and the Publisher ID, AMoC is unlikely to be pulled from GG anytime soon.

Disclaimer:

silvaril
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

State of the Empire... :)

Post by silvaril » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:31 pm

Heya

LightHouse have finally published news on the bankruptcy.

Paradox Interactive, the parent company of GamersGate, are now publishing the Franchise via both GamersGate and StarDock's Impulse Driven service.

The Impulse Driven service is currently not offering A Murder of Crows, plus the support link on the game listings for both SotS and BoB still point to LightHouse, but hey, both the original and BoB are back. :)

Direct2Drive still has the original SotS listed with the publisher as Destineer, but is restricting sales to North America. BoB has been withdrawn.

No updates yet on boxed copy distribution.

Disclaimer:

Ichirou989

Post by Ichirou989 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:14 pm

As this is my first post, I would like to say hello and a very big thank you to the folks at Kerberos for such an awesome game. This is a classic 'just one more turn' type of game, not to mention the obvious support for the community. A good job done all around for sure.

I originally purchased the game when it first came out here in the States and played it quite a bit. However shortly before BoB was due to be released I had some business concerns that took me away from gaming until just recently. On returning I find not just one, but two expansions have been released and also the existence of the Collector's Edition. I also have learned with some dismay that Lighthouse is no longer with us, which leads me to my questions.

First, will there be boxed versions of these products in the future, or no? I have had good luck with GamersGate and Stardock in the past, so if not I will proceed to order through them. Also, if the CE is not going to be distributed anymore, is it possible to pick up The Deacon's Tale novel outside the game? I am very interested in reading it after the brief teaser. :)

There are a few...very few it seems...places that still have the CE version stocked, but the price has become on the order of $70 and up. If that's the only option I have for getting the novel and the extra bits, then fine, but I would prefer not going to that if there is going to be a re-distribution of the CE in the future. Of course, things may still be too up in the air right now to call?

In any case, thanks again for the fun, and for the soon-to-be fun as I get myself back into the game!
A real leader faces the music, even if he doesn't like the tune.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:33 pm

welcome to posting Ichirou and thanks for the support. Lighthouse would indeed sadly be old news while this

http://www.developmag.com/press-release ... nteractive

...would be the new news;)

Many of the answers to your questions will be appearing over he next few weeks so hang in there and as soon as we can say we will post the details.

(And yes, the print run of the CE was so conservative unfortunately, it has become an pricey item online)

The Magus
Doomsayer

Post by The Magus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:09 pm

But hey, looks like an ultimate edition on the way! :shock:
The teacher cut in smoothly, "Yes, of course. SolForce never fails to remind us how necessary they are to our...'survival'. ... It amazes me that the human race ever managed to exist, before you lot came along."

Cai Rui smiled thinly. "What amazes me is how quickly the human race could cease to exist, if we were gone."

--The Deacon's Tale

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:50 am

Yay for new goodies SOON!! :D (Hopefully Paradox is good at doing boxes, and becomes the exclusive publisher for all future kerberos titles!!)

The Magus
Doomsayer

Post by The Magus » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:34 am

Paradox is a pretty good name. SotS is among good company there.
The teacher cut in smoothly, "Yes, of course. SolForce never fails to remind us how necessary they are to our...'survival'. ... It amazes me that the human race ever managed to exist, before you lot came along."

Cai Rui smiled thinly. "What amazes me is how quickly the human race could cease to exist, if we were gone."

--The Deacon's Tale

Ichirou989

Post by Ichirou989 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:43 am

Wow! Ask and ye shall receive I see...very good news indeed! :D

Well then, it would appear that patience is still indeed a virtue. I shall await details from you folks here. I am also quite relieved to see that your plans for future products, including the very cool looking Northstar, won't be hindered by the Lighthouse situation. I've also had good experience with Paradox in the past as well, so I'm hoping this will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship, as it were.

I may just splurge on the CE edition after all as well. I know that had I been around when it first came out I would have picked it up right off despite already owning the original game. You really put a lot of nice extras in that package for the price; after all it's current price is what I've seen several collectors editions go for with similar content, and you were selling it for half that!

And besides, it is now a collector's edition in more ways than one, isn't it? :mrgreen:
A real leader faces the music, even if he doesn't like the tune.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:48 am

Sometimes the universer is ironic in a good way :wink: I hope you find your copy and certainly the novel is worth the effort! Thanks again for the kind words and enthusiasm. :thumbsup:

Rorschach
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Rorschach » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:10 pm

As of this posting SotS: Ultimate Collection is available on GamersGate for US $29.99. One can assume that the other services, namely Steam, Impulse, Direct2Drive, and Gametap, will be providing the same in the next few hours.

The Magus
Doomsayer

Post by The Magus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:03 pm

Nice. I'll spread the word.

--The Deacon's Tale

Return to “SotS”