Welcome new survivors!

Send... more... paramedics...

Moderator: Erinys

Profound_Darkness

Re: Welcome new survivors!

Post by Profound_Darkness » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:56 am

SotS reviews were pretty mixed too.

I gather that 103 update will be quite nice.

FZ seems to be pretty status quo... Kerberos rocks.
Mecron wrote:... "Hey aliens!! Candygram from the planet of crazy talking monkeys!!" ...

my fav tactical w/fav races :)

Major-pain

Post by Major-pain » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:16 am

Just got into the forums. Thanks Chris
Got the game (Ver 1.0.0) from D2D on November 1st. Download did not have a manual but a great link by "Mecron" solved that concern.
I don't have a souped up game machine. I run a AMD 3800+ with a 7800GT so settings are on the light side (medium draw). But I get a two or three hours of fun filled game play in nightly. Hopefully the upgrade (ver 1.0.3) will let me get a little more game time in.
Having played games for 20+ years Fort Zombie (FZ) is earning my attention.
Don't like dying much but that's why game makers have "save game" and "reload" for. I can always reload and go at it again or come from a different slant.
All I can say is be constructive in reviews and remember we all started at the beginning. Enjoy what I feel is a Unique and intresting game.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:35 am

Welcome to the forums, Major! :) Glad you're enjoying the game.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Limbless

Post by Limbless » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:59 am

Howdy ho, everybody. :)

I bought Fort Zombie off of Impulse just the other night, and I'm really glad I did - some excellent gaming to be had, once the first hurdle of setting up the Fort passes.

Oh, and the second through hundredth hurdles are of course the crashes after every mission, but whatchagonnado, I'm sure that'll be fixed at some point (hopefully soon).

Anyway, just wanted to say hi before I eat all your brains when the inevitable zombie apocalypse starts! :twisted:

Edit: Interesting side note that I just remembered that has only a marginal amount to do with Fort Zombie, while downloading it through Impulse, I noticed that it was dl'ing at about 200KB/s - which, as far as I know, is impossible on my connection which in every other circumstance has never gone faster than 160KB/s. Funny, that.

Tssha

Post by Tssha » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:06 am

Faster connections are a side benefit of attunement to the dark one. When you're fully attuned you can suck down a megabit per second. :wink: Yes, this one should help me reach my corruption quota...
"The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, nor the kindly smile nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone else believes in him and is willing to trust him."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded." -Terry Pratchett

Wardog

Post by Wardog » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:27 pm

Freyland wrote:
castewarkp wrote:Now, please pick up that gun. These zombies aren't going to shoot themselves.

Yeah... 104 fixed that... :P
Chances are you're already surrounded by mindless, bloodthirsty, half-alive, subhuman wretches. an actual zombie outbreak would just give you an excuse to do something constructive.

phoenixdracul

Post by phoenixdracul » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:21 am

Just activated my forum account, love the game! ^.^

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:41 am

phoenixdracul wrote:Just activated my forum account, love the game! ^.^

Welcome to the forums, Phoenixdracul! Really glad to hear that you're enjoying Fort Zombie.

--Arinn
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

piotrr

Post by piotrr » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:30 pm

I've been meaning to post something about Fort Zombie for a while now. I'm a huge admirer of Sword of the Stars, I could tell by playing it that it was a lovechild of some very creative people.

What little I've had the energy to play of Fort Zombie makes me hope that it, too, gets the same love, over time, as SOTS did with all its patches. The difference being that I enjoyed SOTS from day one while Fort Zombie feels unpolished to the point of putting splinters in my fingers when I try to play it. So far it feels amateurish to me, with animations crossecting walls, jerky controls (uneven update rates?), short view distance and very rudimentary level- and object design, even accounting for the tiled map construction.

It holds great promise though, and I promise to return to it after each patch. In fact I'm very much looking forward to running it again now that it's been patched over Impulse. I'll have to get back to you then, but for now, my vote is:

Excellent idea, well-thought-out concept, excellent details, but execution needs work.
/ Per

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:45 pm

for short view distances, adjust your settings.

piotrr

Post by piotrr » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:39 pm

Mecron wrote:for short view distances, adjust your settings.

I'd love to, if it wasn't for...

Code: Select all

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   FortZombie.exe
  Application Version:   1.0.4.0
  Application Timestamp:   4b28d839
  Fault Module Name:   KERNEL32.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.0.6002.18005
  Fault Module Timestamp:   49e038c0
  Exception Code:   e0434f4d
  Exception Offset:   0001e124
  OS Version:   6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.4
  Locale ID:   1053

(Vista 64 on an i7 and crossfire 4890s, Cat 9.12)

I'll try a reinstall from impulse.
/ Per

piotrr

Post by piotrr » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:57 pm

piotrr wrote:I'll try a reinstall from impulse.

Worked after a reinstall, had to try twice though, but runs fine now. Will provide feedback in appropriate thread.
/ Per

acestilltheonly

Post by acestilltheonly » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:57 am

howdy fellow survivors

I had purchased fort zombie from the start, but was disappointed when it was more or less unplayable by my standards. just picked it up again after the latest patch, and i gotta say. It is now a gem. good job, and i hope we get more goodies. :D

skullkandy

Post by skullkandy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:53 pm

love the game and love your guys honest straight forward talk with your customers/fans. It's easy to tell you guys are gamers as well instead of just businessmen and marketing people. It's rare to find that anymore in the industry. So thanks for the hours of "one more turn" and "one more mission."

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:47 pm

Welcome aboard skullkandy! :) I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the game, and many thanks for the kind words.

--Arinn

Return to “Fort Zombie”