Independent Race Study

Post any bumps you find on the road to galactic domination.

Moderators: Makail, Erinys, ddub

Tagguy

Independent Race Study

Post by Tagguy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:57 pm

I encountered an independent race, and was given the choice to study,ignore, etc. I clicked on study, and discovered that my only construction fleet was traveling between systems, and i also didn't have deep space construction tech. After i had the tech, and my fleet was free, i built a science station around the gas giant the the indie colony was orbiting(it was on the first moon, i skipped manual placement). Then i looked, but could not start a special project to study them. The save game file is uploaded with this post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Orion
Kerberos Support

Re: Independent Race Study

Post by Orion » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 pm

yikes, big map and i can't seem to find the indy colony you are trying to study, could you please enlighten me?

Tagguy

Post by Tagguy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Sorry, uploaded the wrong game(I save stuff with similar names and have really bad orginization). Here's the right one attached to this post.

Anyways, here is the right file. Sorry for my lack of organization.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Orion
Kerberos Support

Post by Orion » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:47 pm

ahhh i can see the problem now... now that you don't have you to place stations manually it is picking the first planet on the list to put the science station on, and this is not always the Independent's planet. The science station needs to be placed manually on the independents planet in order to get the option to study them.

In this case it looks like you put a naval station on the indy planet and the sci station on the gas giant. I can see how this can be pretty confusing when there are multiple orbits like this as well. Perhaps some tweaks to the system are needed, but if you place the sci station on the correct planet you can study them fine. Thanks.

Tagguy

Post by Tagguy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:59 pm

Okay, so i need to have the science station around the indie planet? I'll try it, but how do you move or destroy a station?

Orion
Kerberos Support

Post by Orion » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:02 pm

Unfortunately for the time being you can't unless you have a combat in that system and set your ships to force fire on your station (I beleive it's CTRL+Left Click). Probably should implement a way to scrap 'em, but its not in now.

Tagguy

Post by Tagguy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:07 pm

Ok, thanks for the help. Now it's time to go research the assimilation plague...

Return to “Technical Support”