THE ALL CLEAR!

Talk about all things to do with the sequel to our flagship 4X title.

Moderator: Erinys

Mecron
Kerberos

THE ALL CLEAR!

Post by Mecron » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:15 am

Hey folks!

Sorry for the long wait but I am extremely happy and proud to give the all clear signal and invite you all back to a bright and shiny SotS2. While “all clear” in no way means support for the game has ended or that we have no plans for additions, it does mean that the game is in the shape we would have wished it to be upon release. From here we will be going on to a regularly scheduled set of updates that continue to fill out and flesh out the SotS2 universe as well as adding new maps, scenarios and plenty of quality of life suggestions.

We would like to thank Paradox for continuing to distribute Sword of the Stars/ Sword of the stars 2 and look forward to working with them on any future expansions. We also want to issue a heartfelt thanks to the players who stood by us in those dark early months and who believed us when we said this game would be fixed. We owe a great deal to the players who stuck it out through all the dozens of updates and fixes and kept reporting the bugs and posting their saves. Their input has made for a bigger and better SotS2 than could have been achieved at release even under the best of conditions. Everyone who enjoys playing this game from this date on, owes those impromptu testers a great deal of thanks. And finally for those of you who are reading this now and booting up the game, we would like to thank you for your patience and welcome you back. There is a great game waiting for you now and a big universe waiting to be explored.

The Future:
As said, this announcement does not mean the end of SotS2 support. In fact, should any of you be curious, feel free to come by our boards and see our plans to support SotS2 indefinitely. For now, you can look forward to your next SotS2 update in approximately 3 weeks and it should include such tasty treats as:
--Selectable Teams at startup
--Revised Empire economics screen
--Even more AI tuning
--SotSpedia tuning and more entries
--And a pack of new maps.

While too far down the line for particulars, I can tell you that the following update after that should see the return of scenarios and a treat or two for the holidays!

So once again, I would like to thank you all for your patience and understanding during the road back and hope you all enjoy this game as it was meant to be!

Martin E. Cirulis
CEO/Creative Director
Kerberos Productions

Nall White

Re: THE ALL CLEAR!

Post by Nall White » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:19 am

Its been a long journey. I've been there from the start. Every update, CTD, bug report, and the waiting for the next update. Glad to see this day.
I'm NOT a cat!

Tarrak

Post by Tarrak » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:19 am

:jump: :toast:

Can't say it better than that.
Last edited by Tarrak on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:20 am

As we said, many thanks!

Alkeena

Post by Alkeena » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:21 am

I chose an exceptionally good time to check back in after a few months away. =)

Thanks for your continued support Kerb.

SerinMaldy

Post by SerinMaldy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:23 am

Woot. Great work and I am glad I stuck with you and played even though I never really made it past turn 120. I am looking forward to finally finishing the game. Thank you for supporting the game and keeping your word. I look forward to what happens in the SOTSverse. Kudos.

JPThunda

Post by JPThunda » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:23 am

Huzzah. :insane: Now if only I had time between lab reports and product design projects to lose a week or so to sitting at my computer. :bigmouth:

Razhul

Post by Razhul » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:25 am

Man, am I stoked to try it out again. /flail in excitement!
Mind over matter.

Delta_V

Post by Delta_V » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:26 am

AWESOME!!!!!! You guys are great, thanks for sticking it out and making this game the best 4x I've ever played.

Human

Post by Human » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:26 am

Does this mean the game intro video is being introduced into the game?

OH,, and thanks, quite the accomplishment. :thumbsup:

Hawawaa

Post by Hawawaa » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:35 am

Thank you so much! Can't wait for more goodies! :love:

MrBoom

Post by MrBoom » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:37 am

Excellent news, a very early Christmas present! I'd like to thank all of you at Kerb for standing by the game all this time and seeing it through to the end, it really speaks volumes about the content of your character and your commitment to something you truly believe in.

I'd also like to thank Paradox for FedExing a 2nd copy of the game when the first one failed to show up at no cost :) Hopefully the first copy ended up with someone who appreciates it like I do!

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:38 am

human...people coming back to the game after a long time do not really need a big movie file dload...give them a bit of a break ;)

Krelian

Post by Krelian » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:41 am

Congratulations!

Now start spreading the word, so this game get reviews that reflect the real "final" product

War1910

Post by War1910 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:43 am

:jump: :clap: :toast:

Now to crush various space animals with my mighty SolForce Cruisers!
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure...

Return to “SotS2”