PCGamer quick article SOTS2: Enhanced

All the blurbs from our main page, notices of updates, and other Kerberos items from around the web.
MrScribbler

Re: PCGamer quick article SOTS2: Enhanced

Post by MrScribbler » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Freyland wrote:
Nall White wrote:Who did Mecron piss off in another life for Kerb to get this kind of treatment? IMO, one of the true tests of character is owning up and fixing mistakes. I guess Kerb/Paradox isn't playing the game review game right ($$$).

Um, I appreciate Mecron as much as the next Kerb fan, but why do you suggest it had to be in *another* life? :lol:

And it's not who, but how many. :twisted:

Ashbery76

Post by Ashbery76 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:53 pm

The UI has got a bit laggy again since the expansion release.

MacGuffin

Post by MacGuffin » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:00 pm

Italianmoose wrote:Slightly off topic, but does anyone actually use all their RAM at once? I've never been able to fill up 6GB... This is merely personal interest, as I've seen a lot of laptops with absurd amounts of RAM and I've been thinking "seems a bit scammy?"

I have 24GB (it was cheap when I bought it) and I can use around 14GB when doing productivity stuff, but never come close to that with gaming.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:36 pm

Actually its probably because we don't take a lot of crap and abusing us does NOT lose you any EA trips or invites :P

DaNuker

Post by DaNuker » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:17 am

Hmm... the game still needs a bit more time to be fully completed. Some CTD bug squishing, fine tuning of values and there, and UI lag reduction... Less placeholder strings and texts (especially the SotSpedia). Because of that, the reaction from the peanut gallery isn't going to be overwhelming positive unfortunately.

Hell, even back in SotS1 the reaction wasn't great from that audience!

Hamann

Post by Hamann » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:55 am

I'm just amazed someone can publish an article like that and still call himself press...
Hannster on Steam
Nubirak on most MMOs

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:53 am

Yup, it translates to "I have 1/2 an hour I am willing to spend on this article, what can I write without doing any research, based on this other article I read at another news site?"
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

ProjectLevyDelta

Post by ProjectLevyDelta » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:27 pm

ZedF wrote:Yup, it translates to "I have 1/2 an hour I am willing to spend on this article, what can I write without doing any research, based on this other article I read at another news site?"

It translates to. . .

I know what I can write!?

"Dear community of trolls (only people who will respond) what do you think of the game?"

seriously when an article asks the community what they think.. it is clear the person didn't do enough research part from (what was said a year ago) in order to make an actual article, this guy should stick with his day job. . . (assuming this isn't his day job)

Unkn0wnx

Post by Unkn0wnx » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:57 pm

Yeah EA really P me off with Dragon Age 2 and all those reviewers gave it at least 8/10. Seems like they can give whatever score to whoever they want, its all subjective.

Eco_Tango

Post by Eco_Tango » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:07 pm

IDK. The UI lag just gives me time to play minecraft on my phone....

As for the "review industry" .. bunch of whores..

SoTS2 and Prime are indeed my all time favorite game. They are the only games that bring back the magic of Masters of Orion 2.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:30 pm

Nuker, please... Go look over the list of crit failures for skyrim and how long it took to fix them. No testing can find every combination of bugs in a HUGE game...never mind the negative synergy between last minute fixes. Lil back handed out of touch comments like "needed a bit more time" is the fast road to bland, empty games. If thats the future you want...groovy, keep giving a pass to the peanut gallery.

DaNuker

Post by DaNuker » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:08 am

Mecron wrote:Nuker, please... Go look over the list of crit failures for skyrim and how long it took to fix them. No testing can find every combination of bugs in a HUGE game...never mind the negative synergy between last minute fixes. Lil back handed out of touch comments like "needed a bit more time" is the fast road to bland, empty games. If thats the future you want...groovy, keep giving a pass to the peanut gallery.

I understand that it's near impossible to locate all the bugs in a modern game at launch, much less so in a complex strategy title or RPG titles (disappearing car in Fallout 2 I curse at thee !!!). It's just that it would be really nice to launch a game and not run into clearly placeholder text and or oddities in the first couple of hours or so, you know, first impressions counts.

As for peanut gallery, sometimes even really trival things can get them riled up... like having an console style Press "Start" to continue for a PC FPS that's supposedly developed for PC as a primary platform. :googly:

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:11 am

yes well maybe they should get a life, if a start button fills you with rage, you got problems....just the same as someone who expects there to be no skips in over 1000 strings of translation capable text and then quips about impressions is trying to play both sides of the the fence at once :P

DaNuker

Post by DaNuker » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:26 am

Mecron wrote:yes well maybe they should get a life, if a start button fills you with rage, you got problems....just the same as someone who expects there to be no skips in over 1000 strings of translation capable text and then quips about impressions is trying to play both sides of the the fence at once :P

Yes, it's on the fence, the reason mainly beacuse I want to draw more players in (to give them a facefull of <insert AM era weapon of choice> :twisted:) and been trying to pull some of them into the game, or in some cases back into the game. It's part opinion and part initial feedback from talking with a couple of folks that in both in real life and online that are fans of the space 4X genre when SotS2 gets discussed.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:30 am

nah...anyone who picks cosmetics over depth of gameplay is not a "fan of the genre"...sorry :P

Return to “Kerberos News & Information”