Video Review of SotS 2 - EoF by Gamestar

All the blurbs from our main page, notices of updates, and other Kerberos items from around the web.
Gambit

Video Review of SotS 2 - EoF by Gamestar

Post by Gambit » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:09 am

There is a video review of SotS 2 - End of Flesh on Youtube by the German Magazine Gamestar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AqvRsGCh_U

The corresponding article can be found here: http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/sword-of- ... 07859.html

Both in German obviously.

Final Rating is 68.

PS: Google Translate version of article: http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... ml&act=url

Having read the german article and the english translation I must admit I am impressed by the quality of the machine translation. Flawed but much better than expected.
Last edited by Gambit on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level - then beat you by experience." -Anonymous

marshb

Re: Video Review of SotS 2 - EoF by Gamestar

Post by marshb » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:04 am

Even tho I had to use google translate to read, I gathered that the depth and subtleties of the game, outstripped the reviewers comprehension.
A very glib review. Then he finishes by misrepresenting the state of the game and Kerberos famed support for their product:
So again I'm waiting for a year to more patches until finally everything is perfect? I think not.

In a perfect world... :roll:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:33 am

Lol don't take it hard marsh, prime inoculated us to this sort of thing. :P In the end its like newspapers...they went shallower and flashier and then blamed the Internet for their deaths. In this situation, if people like glib then this sort of reviewing will continue to do well, if people start turning away and just trusting themselves it will probably be blamed on "the death of pc games" or something like that.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Dan87 wrote:Edit: Exactly how many "more detailed" reviews of the enhanced edition were done by major english sites?

None by major sites, as far as I am aware. Only one by a small site dedicated to strategy games.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Return to “Kerberos News & Information”