FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Questions and Answers About the SotSverse

Moderator: Erinys

Post Reply
User avatar
firelordzx
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:36 pm

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by firelordzx » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:12 am

I think that he is not fully "undead" just by look, I think that his brain is still intact behind the armour, he use his psionics to move the skeletal body that use to inspire terror and haunt the very dreams of these that look at him... but that's not the worst

the siren herself is even more worse than him, why? wanna spend the rest of your life as her slave, being tortured mentally and physically by her and her zuul pets? choose:
Death by The Eldest
or enslaved by the Siren?

User avatar
Tarrak
Posts: 1668
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by Tarrak » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:37 am

Well The Eldest can decide to 'keep' your spirit so to speak. Imagine 'living' in his mind, being constantly probed for information, being used as a soundingboard for ideas (and we know they are pretty nasty) and having entirely no option to resist. Perhaps you even get to get a glimpse of his general behaviour and compulsions. It is a nightmare that is as long as The Eldest himself will live. Can't get much worse than that, at least The Siren will eventually tire of you or your body dies off.
Every time you use 'fluff' for lore a Kerberos developer dies. And they are already an endangered species.

User avatar
firelordzx
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:36 pm

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by firelordzx » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:12 pm

Tarrak wrote:Well The Eldest can decide to 'keep' your spirit so to speak. Imagine 'living' in his mind, being constantly probed for information, being used as a soundingboard for ideas (and we know they are pretty nasty) and having entirely no option to resist. Perhaps you even get to get a glimpse of his general behaviour and compulsions. It is a nightmare that is as long as The Eldest himself will live. Can't get much worse than that, at least The Siren will eventually tire of you or your body dies off.

well, you're right

User avatar
Ludovsky
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:51 pm

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by Ludovsky » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:26 pm

This is why, as ancient eldritch cetacean abominations go, if you have to die at the hands of a Suul'ka, you'd want to die fighting at the hands(well, tentacles) of the Kraken.

At least he'll give you a clean, non soul-sucking, death if he feels you were a worthy/valiant foe enough.

At the end of the day, this is possibly the "best" one can hope of a Suul'ka. I.e.: not sucking your soul when offing you, and thus not attaching you to their selves for all of eternity.

Thamuzz
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:09 am

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by Thamuzz » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Do any of the Suul'ka who fell to the Black's initial attack have names/stories at the moment? I'm particularly interested in the one whose helmet was put back together in the Antiquarians scenario.

On another note:
Eldest->Cannibal: 50,000 years
Cannibal->Deaf: 30,000 years
Deaf->Siren: 40,000 years
Siren->Bloodweaver: 20,000 years
Bloodweaver->Hidden: 30,000 years
Hidden ->Kraken: 10,000 years

Given that there were ~20 Suul'ka at the time of the Black's rising, an average distribution would suggest a Suul'ka emerging about every 16,000 years. Now we know that after she emerged the Siren seduced other Great Elders to rise, leading to the increased frequency we see after her rising. Where there any in the long stretches between the ones before her?
How do the one's she convinced view her? Given their animosity to each other, I imagine that the Bloodweaver and the Kraken were influenced by her, but what aboud the Hidden? We know he's jealous of her, but as a self made rival or as a jealous former protege?
Also, how long does it take a Liir to reach the age/size where becoming Suul'ka is an option?

Mekan1k
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:09 am

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by Mekan1k » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:23 am

If a Liir has a lifespan to live out before becoming something on par with the Suul'ka, then how long would it take?
Like, after 200 or more turns (if levithan research unlocks), could it be possible for dreadnaught-sized Liir to build some battle-suits of their own?

ScoSteSal118
Posts: 686
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by ScoSteSal118 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:12 pm

"Liir achieve “Elder” status after having lived for more than three hundred years. At this point they are over 5 meters in length and usually weigh well over 200 kilograms" from http://sots2.rorschach.net/The_Liirian_Social_Life

Seeing as the Elders that are nearing Suul'ka size are the ones getting so big that they are barely able to survive under the planet's gravity, and listed that there are unknown but alive great elders measuring "many meters," it is safe to say that a size comparable to the Suul'ka would be "many many meters". Seeing as how it takes a Liir over 300 years (turns) just to get to 5m, I really doubt that what you are talking about is feasible in the context of the in-game time flow. Also, they cannot do so without becoming the monster they live to fight, Suul'ka.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja
Posts: 12581
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:13 pm

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by ZedF » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:29 pm

Not to say that some Liir elders don't go to space... that's where Liir Admirals come from after all.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

User avatar
HRock
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:08 am

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by HRock » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:18 pm

ZedF wrote:Not to say that some Liir elders don't go to space... that's where Liir Admirals come from after all.


Actually all Liir admirals in the game are under 300 years old and if I remember correctly the black swimmers retire when they reach elder status.

User avatar
Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore
Posts: 7461
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:58 am

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by Erinys » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:38 pm

ScoSteSal118 wrote:"Liir achieve “Elder” status after having lived for more than three hundred years. At this point they are over 5 meters in length and usually weigh well over 200 kilograms" from http://sots2.rorschach.net/The_Liirian_Social_Life

Seeing as the Elders that are nearing Suul'ka size are the ones getting so big that they are barely able to survive under the planet's gravity, and listed that there are unknown but alive great elders measuring "many meters," it is safe to say that a size comparable to the Suul'ka would be "many many meters". Seeing as how it takes a Liir over 300 years (turns) just to get to 5m, I really doubt that what you are talking about is feasible in the context of the in-game time flow. Also, they cannot do so without becoming the monster they live to fight, Suul'ka.


The time scale for a Liir to become a Great Elder is far outside the time range of any game playable by humans.

On the same day that the Black, as a tiny Liir child, was slaving in the mines that were needed to create the skysuit for the Butcher...

...an Aurignacian ape on a distant world was painting the first rhinoceros, on the walls of a cave in France.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
_______________________________________________
Twitter
Sword of the Stars Gallery on Facebook
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

User avatar
Darv57
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:55 am

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by Darv57 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:34 pm

Erinys said
create the skysuit for the Butcher...


...Which one is he? I can't find him in any of the suul'ka alternate names.

User avatar
marshb
Posts: 2607
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:25 pm

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by marshb » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Darv57 wrote:
Erinys said
create the skysuit for the Butcher...


...Which one is he? I can't find him in any of the suul'ka alternate names.

The Usurper I think? :?
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

User avatar
Darv57
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:55 am

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by Darv57 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:50 pm

I don't think that the black was involved in building the Usurper's Suit.
Can't say why cause *SPOILERS*

User avatar
nickersonm
Posts: 1566
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:02 pm

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by nickersonm » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Darv57 wrote:
Erinys said
create the skysuit for the Butcher...


...Which one is he? I can't find him in any of the suul'ka alternate names.

Not one of the surviving Suul'ka, I presume.

User avatar
Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore
Posts: 7461
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:58 am

Re: FACTION: THE SUUL'KA HORDE

Post by Erinys » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:03 pm

There are 20 Suul'ka historically known. The Black killed more than one, but we cannot say for certain which of the missing fell.

The Butcher was the last to rise before the Black.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
_______________________________________________
Twitter
Sword of the Stars Gallery on Facebook
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Post Reply

Return to “The Lore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests