SotS1-SG15

Tactics and Action Reports.
Trygvasson

Re: SotS1-SG15

Post by Trygvasson » Thu May 29, 2014 12:54 am

185: Ok this is conquest-mode straight away, starting with our outdated Fission fleets
Research: Advanced Sensors
Ke'kaldo: sending the Electric Eels towards Tarka space, will follow up with a more modern cruiser force in a few turns
Tully: three top modern cruisers in this backyard cluster - sending towards Zuul space after adding a tanker
Procyon: Blackfin Sharks --> Ilmatar. Coinciding arrival with faster strikeforce.
Griffin: Cute Catfish --> Ke'saal. Will follow with faster tankers to refuel them enroute. One-way ticket only, this should be a wrap with the Electric Eels joining up as well.
Luun: Daring Dogfish --> Dosadi, following with faster tankers.
Marklar: ZuulBane --> Dosadi, they'll get there in 8 turns. Dispatching 3 fast cruisers to help out Hivers against incoming Zuul at Hyrakius, while I build up a full strikeforce.

186:
Griffin: VN attack, our uvb DD's make short work of the approaching probes.
Tully: incoming Zuul. Ah, so that's why there were cruisers there. Backtracking.
Maxing out a few trade sectors

187:
Hyrakius battle is won, no losses. Are the Red Zuul still fielding DD's?
18 Zuul ships going to Luun, 6 turns out. Backtracking Daring Dogfish, they should be perfect for the task(smallish old DD fleet with squadron cnc).

188:
Observed combat with red Zuul: they seem to be fielding UV laser strafe cruisers, using lots of missiles. The Morrigi scout had improved reflective and pd, survived for ages.
Vazkor: incoming Zuul, 3 turns, 4 ships. Might have to delay my attack a turn, but AS should be in next turn, I'll know fleet composition by then.
I decide to launch my the fast cruiser strikeforce 'The Final Solution' towards Ke'saal directly; will reconsider if I see heavy resistance buildup
Launching biomes to Serenity

189:
Advanced Sensors is in. Atmospheric Adaptation next, should help us keep dev costs low for those new high-CH worlds.
19 Tarks inbound for the iceball Hesperus, 6 turns. We get plenty warning now... I'm letting the Hivers protect their gate, I'm busy conquering.

190:
Colonizing Serenity
Vazkor: I decide to rely on the 20 Hiver cruisers and my 2 guard destroyers to fend off the impending 4-ship attack, and send the strikeforce 'Talks Have Failed' towards Dosadi
Ilmatar: not a very clean combat, since fleets are merging from all over. But got 2 shuttles in killing 99+M, plus got a cruiser and a def sat for no losses.
Tully: combat won without loss, sending fleet elements to Ilmatar.
New trade routes opened in quiet sectors

191:
Atmospheric Adaptation is in, moving on with Fusion Warhead to give planetary defense a bit more bite. Allows us to skimp on defense
Ilmatar: 247M dead, but got greedy and lost a fusion cruiser and 3 old cnc GB DD's, for 3 DD's a cruiser and a sat
Vazkor: to my horror, the Hivers cluster about their gate, forcing me to lure the Zuul to them. No losses.
Ke'saal: cruiser strikeforce 'Final Solution' arrives, wiping out 30 DD's for no losses. 15 to go, I might start hitting the planet next turn. HCL performs remarkably well against the DD's. Heavy planet missiles.
Colonizing Kithrup. Our planet dev costs drown in our cashflow.

Ilmatar: 395M pop killed, got an enemy CnC cruiser and a sat in the bargain, lost my 4 decoy DD's. We now have a good numbers advantage, this will increase dramatically next turn as the Blackfin Sharks join the fray. Even with just two hcl combat cruisers, the HCL outscores uvb and gb in damage output.
Ke'saal: 319 pop killed, 24 ships, no losses.

193:
Ilmatar: 5 CR and 8 DD killed for 5 old GB DD's, mistimed the shuttle attack so had to improvise.
Luun: 12 of 18 CR dead for 3 old defending DD's and some 39M dead. Would have gone better with Fusion Warheads, but it went overbugdet.
Dosadi: wiped out the defending vessels, planet is next.
K'saal: 153 pop killed, 14 DD's for 3 of our old DD's. Went in with the wrong command fleet, dammit.

194:
Fusion Warhead done, starting Heavy Planet Missile(1turn)
Ilmatar: just 72M and the sats are left
Luun: finished off the remaining cruisers
Dosadi: 92M left and the sats are left
Ke'saal: 35M left and the sats

195:
Ke'saal is now ready for colonizing(2 col and one biome present)
Cute Catfish is 2 turns out, awaiting refuel rendezvous right behind it
Biome ready at Ixion, 2 underway to Draco
Heavy Planet Missile done
One sat left to kill at Ilmatar
New Special Project Coppertop is now under research!
Dosadi is ready for colonizing, 2 are under construction at Marklar/Errai
I've built one DS Refinery cruiser for each main attack fleet

Suggest scrapping most of the slow fleet units, but up to the next player. I merged some fleets during the combat turns, feel free to reorganize as you see fit. 'The Chosen' have started playing around with DF racks(fusion WH) - could be a dangerous alphastrike if mounted on his hammer/strafe cruisers en masse. I'm afraid I spent a turn too many on some of the above battles - but I think just might win anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brute force. If it's not working, you're not using enough.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Thu May 29, 2014 2:26 am

Good work, Tryg. :) Agreed we should be good to continue to romp from here.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

ivra

Post by ivra » Thu May 29, 2014 8:18 am

I've just got the save. Will post the results later today.
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

ivra

Post by ivra » Thu May 29, 2014 10:56 am

Turn 195
I decided to pick up the Zuul and Tarka languages. Could be nice to understand the curses they send our way :) I also decided to scuttle all the old DEs that are hanging in deep space. They're obsolete now since we have deep scan. Colonizing Ke'Saal with the biome only. The two colonizers can be used for the other two Tarka colonies in the cluster. I added A03 or A08 to the combat fleets that missed the prefix.

Battles
Cleanup at Ilmatar.
Defending Racha'tep from a single Tarka scout using AR.

Turn 196
Zuul language done, starting on the Tarka language. Ke'Saal colonized. I designed DSArm-UVB 8.01 and put one in each garrison fleet to have a deep scanner at each colony.

Battles
Volans: Scout vs. red Zuul Rip Bore. I need one more turn to take it out. Apparently, a damage of 7536 was not enough.

Turn 197
Ilmatar and Draco colonized. The Tarka language went overbudget.

Battles
Volans: Scout vs. red Zuul Rip Bore. Done. 2862 more damage dealt, for a total of 10398. That is a lot of hit points for a rip bore!!!
Octans: Scout vs. red Zuul Rip Bore + damaged CR Armor. Cool, I crashed with the CR Armor and got killed, but so did the engine of the CR Armor.

Turn 198
Tarka language done, picking up Advanced Robotics that we forgot earlier. Building some biomes to settle two more worlds.

Turn 199
Breakthrough on Advanced Robotics, starting Reflecting Coating. Building biomes for yet another planet.

Turn 200
Some peaceful turns now. Building some freighters.

Battles
Defending Kithrup from 2 red DEs using AR.
Taking out Tarka 2 DEs in deep space using AR. I did this to get closer to Kor'Voth that I want to attack. It worked. From here I can get to the colony in one turn.

Turn 201
Dosadi colonized. Reflecting Coating overbudget.

Battles
Attacking Kor'Voth: A03 The Final Solution (I am going to make this a pure fusion fleet next turn when A03 Cute Catfish arrives) vs. Tarka colony with 25 DEs + 10 LDs. I don't care about preserving old fission ships any more so I played recklessly. Took out 11 enemy ships (a lot of them tankers) and lost 15 old fission DEs.

Turn 202
Reflecting Coating done, starting Phasers.

Battles
Attacking Kor'Voth: A03 The Final Solution vs. Tarka colony with 17 DEs + 10 LDs. Took out 15 ships and 155M, lost 16 fission DEs. Cool, Tarkas decided to send 91 DEs from its HW to Kor'Voth. The reorganized fusion only fleet A08 The Final Solution is ordered to attack the HW. It will be there in two turns. A03 Cute Catfish with 49 DEs and 20 CRs will remain to take care of the incoming ships.

Turn 203
Building a lot of freighters.

Battles
Attacking Kor'Voth: A03 Cute Catfish vs Tarka colony with 4 DEs + 10 LDs (the 91 DEs will arrive next turn). Took out the 4 tankers and only 5M (the 7 assault shuttles are sent towards the Tarka HW), but without any losses. Tarkas decided to send another 10 DEs. They will also arrive next turn.
Raiders in sector 26. Used AR and lost 4 freighters.

Turn 204
Moshu colonized. Lost freighters replaced.

Battles
Attacking Kor'Voth: A03 Cute Catfish vs Tarka colony with 101 DEs + 10 LDs. I played more carefully and took out 23 DEs, losing only 5 DEs, but I did not reach the colony.
Attacking Ko'Rorkor: A08 The Final Solution vs. the Tarka HW with 43 DEs + 10 LDs. No losses and took out 41 DEs and 1 LD. Said hello to the colony: 515k damage.

Turn 205
Phasers overbudget.

Note:
A fleet is under construction at Corvus. It needs more ships and a name.

SotS1-SG15 T205.sav
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A lot of these road signs go missing every year as the tourists collect their trophies. It makes me wonder if this road sign is indeed the most wanted souvenir of Norway...

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Thu May 29, 2014 11:00 pm

I don't think I'll be able to get this for a while so if anyone would like to continue, feel free. :)
Zed's TARs (sample):

acastus

Post by acastus » Sat May 31, 2014 1:10 am

I have the file and will play my turns through Saturday.

acastus

Post by acastus » Sat May 31, 2014 9:27 pm

T205: I set it in motion as is.
Heegaraa: 51 DE 14 CR vs pink Zuul 3 DE 16 CR 4 sats colony. Lost 9 old DE and 4 CR while destroying 7 Zuul CR.
Kor'Voth: 44 DE 20 CR vs Tarka 77 DE 10 sats colony. Lost 2 DE and destroyed 9 DE.
Kor'Rokor: 16 DE 13 CR vs Tarka 7 DE 9 sats homeworld. Destroyed 7 DE, 5 sats, 91M pop. Forgot we had shuttles.
Garnet: VN. Lost 1 old ER DE.

T206: Ezekbyn and Azar colonized.
Heegaraa: 42 DE 11 CR vs pink Zuul 3 DE 11 CR 4 sats colony. Lost 2 CR and destroyed 6 Zuul CR.
Kor'Voth: 42 DE 20 CR vs Tarka 68 DE 9 sats colony. Lost 5 DE and destroyed 28 DE.
Kor'Rokor: 16 DE 13 CR vs Tarka 8 DE 7 sats homeworld. Destroyed 8 DE, 3 sats, 143M pop. I guess I was too close to the planet to bring in shuttles.

T207: Phasers completed. Started Environmental Tailoring.
Heegaraa: 42 DE 9 CR vs pink Zuul 6 DE 5 CR 4 sats colony. Destroyed 6 DE 5 CR.
Alpha Viginis: 84 DE 13 CR vs red Zuul 3 DE 3 CR 20 sats colony. Lost 5 old DE and destroyed 1 CR.
Kor'Voth: 37 DE 20 CR vs Tarka 40 DE 10 sats colony. Lost 2 DE 2 CR and destroyed 27 DE.
Kor'Rokor: 16 DE 13 CR vs Tarka 3 DE 10 sats homeworld. Destroyed 3 DE, 4 sats, 310M pop. I got the shuttles right this time.

T208: Ilmatar is developed.
Heegaraa: 42 DE 9 CR vs pink Zuul 4 DE 1 CR 4 sats colony. Destroyed 4 DE 1 CR 1 sat.
Alpha Viginis: 79 DE 13 CR vs red Zuul 2 DE 2 CR 20 sats colony. Lost 2 DE and destroyed 2 CR 2 sats.
Kor'Voth: 35 DE 18 CR vs Tarka 12 DE 10 sats colony. Destroyed 12 DE.
Kor'Rokor: 16 DE 14 CR vs Tarka 3 DE 10 sats homeworld. Destroyed 3 DE, 5 sats, 360M pop.

T209: Garnet colonized.
Heegaraa: 54 DE 9 CR vs pink Zuul 1 CR 5 sats colony. Destroyed 1 CR, 2 sats and colony down.
Alpha Viginis: 77 DE 13 CR vs red Zuul 2 DE 20 sats colony. Destroyed 2 DE, 6 sats, 451M pop.
Kor'Voth: 41 DE 19 CR vs Tarka 4 DE 10 sats colony. Destroyed 4 DE, 3 sats, 1M pop.
Kor'Rokor: 16 DE 16 CR vs Tarka 3 DE 10 sats homeworld. Lost 1 shuttle, destroyed 3 DE, 5 sats, 401M pop.

T210: Lomoshu colonized.
Heegaraa: 54 DE 9 CR vs pink Zuul 3 sats. AR to clean up sats.
Alpha Viginis: 77 DE 13 CR vs red Zuul 17 sats colony. Destroyed 5 sats, colony down.
Kor'Voth: 41 DE 19 CR vs Tarka 10 sats colony. Destroyed 3 sats, 1M pop.
Kor'Rokor: 15 DE 16 CR vs Tarka 9 sats homeworld. Destroyed 4 sats, 383M pop.

T211: Environmental Tailoring completed. Started Arcology Construction.
Alpha Viginis: 77 DE 13 CR vs red Zuul 12 sats. Removed all the sats.
Kor'Voth: 44 DE 20 CR vs Tarka 10 sats colony. Destroyed 3 sats, 90M pop.
Kor'Rokor: 15 DE 16 CR vs Tarka 7 sats homeworld. Destroyed 4 sats, Tarka homeworld gone.

T212: Heegaraa colonized.
Kor'Voth: 47 DE 20 CR vs Tarka 9 sats colony. Destroyed 4 sats, 228M pop.
Kor'Rokor: 15 DE 16 CR vs Tarka 3 sats. AR to clean up sats.

T213: Alpha Virginis colonized. Dosadi is developed.
Kor'Voth: 50 DE 20 CR vs Tarka 5 sats colony. Destroyed 2 sats, 376M pop.
Procyon: defending against VN. The Hiver CR stationed here charges the VN mothership and gets eaten. They create another VN mothership and leave. Silly Hivers.

T214: Kor'Rokor colonized.
Hydra: 8 DE 19 CR vs pink Zuul 2 DE 14 CR 10 sats colony. Destroyed 2 DE 14 CR.
Kor'Voth: 50 DE 20 CR vs independent Tarka 3 sats colony. Colony and all sats down.

T215: I have a fleet en route to Crysta to help the Hivers attack the red Zuul since they requested our assistance. It will arrive 1 turn late so maybe it will be more revenge than assistance.

ivra

Post by ivra » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:37 am

That was a lot of battles!

acastus

Post by acastus » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:20 pm

ivra wrote:That was a lot of battles!

You set up most of those battles in your turn set so I just followed through :D. I took a cautious approach to grinding down the AI colonies so that probably extended the number of battles.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:03 pm

Hopefully you enjoyed all those battles, acastus! RL is still keeping me pretty busy, but that's no problem if folks can keep things going without me. Who'd like to go next?
Zed's TARs (sample):

ivra

Post by ivra » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:43 am

I can take a new set of turns tomorrow or Thursday, but I just had a go and would like to give others a chance before I grab it again.

Trygvasson

Post by Trygvasson » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:37 am

Go kill some Zuul Ivra, I'll pick up after you

ivra

Post by ivra » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:57 am

Trygvasson wrote:Go kill some Zuul Ivra, I'll pick up after you

OK, I will. I just picked up the game. Will post the results later today.

ivra

Post by ivra » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:52 am

Turn 215
Just a few small adjustments before I hit End Turn.

Battles
Attacking Hydra: A08 CoralCavalry vs. pink Zuul colony with 1 DE + 10 LDs. No losses, took out 1 DE, 5 LDs and 200M pop. Colony should fall next turn since there is only 100M pop left. 3 Zuul CRs will arrive next turn, but I don't think that is enough to change the outcome.

Turn 216
Kor'Voth colonized. The two fleets at Koor'Voth has been ordered to take out the last two Tarka colonies. A03 Cute Catfish will attack the new Tarka HW in 7 turns, while the modern fleet A08 The Final Solution will attack Ka'Dola in 4 turns.

Battles
Attacking Hydra: A08 CoralCavalry vs. pink Zuul colony with 3 CRs + 1 DE + 5 LDs. No losses, and only 2 LDs to go.

Turn 217
Nothing special.

Battles
Attacking Crysta: A08 NuWave vs. red Zuul colony with 3 DEs + 10 LDs. Only 5 LDs + 120M pop to go.
Cleanup at Hydra.
Taking out a rip bore at Octans. Need another turn.

Turn 218
Nothing special.

Battles
Attacking Crysta: A08 NuWave vs. red Zuul colony with 6 LDs. Colony down, only 1 LD left.
Taking out a rip bore at Octans, take two. Done.

Turn 219
Tor Mak'Kona (the light green Tarkas) surrendered.

Battles
Cleanup at Crysta.
Attacking Kaprica: A03 ZuulBane vs. pink Zuul colony with 2 CRs + 13 DEs + 10 LDs + 10 MDs. After taking out 1 CR + 12 DEs Zuul asked for peace. I accepted since the only CR CnC in the fleet had lost its middle section. Lost one DEs.

Turn 220
Nothing special.

Battles
Attacking Kaprica: A03 ZuulBane vs. pink Zuul colony with 2 CRs + 1 DEs + 10 LDs + 10 MDs. Took out 2 CRs + 1 DE + 2 MDs + 2 LDs, lost 8 DEs.

Turn 221
Hydra colonized. Arcology Construction overbudget.

Battles
Defending Hydra from a single DE using AR.
Attacking Kaprica: A03 ZuulBane vs. pink Zuul colony with 10 LDs + 9 MDs. Lost 1 DE, took out 4 LDs + 4 MDs + 300M pop, only 77M pop to go.

Turn 222
Arcology Construction done, starting Lancers.
Battles
Attacking Kaprica: A03 ZuulBane vs. pink Zuul colony with 6 LDs + 6 MDs. Colony down, no losses.
Attacking Kua'Tru: Former Tarkas colony, now independent Tarka colony. The old A03 Cute Catfish has no assault shuttles and only UV Beamers. It will not be able to take down the colony. A08 The Final Solution will arrive in two turns.

Turn 223
Ka'Dola colonized.

Battles
Cleaned Melnitz (a rock) of two pink Zuul DEs.
Cleanup at Kaprica.
Attacking Kua'Tru: Former Tarkas colony, now independent Tarka colony. The old A03 Cute Catfish continues its non-effective bombardment of the colony (630k pop).

Turn 224
Crysta colonized.

Battles
Attacking Kua'Tru: Former Tarkas colony, now independent Tarka colony. A08 The Final Solution took care of the colony.
Attacking Henja: A03 Blackfin Sharks vs. red Zuul colony with 24 CRs + 2 DEs + 2 MDs + 10 LDs. Took out 10 CRs, lost 2 CRs + 4 DEs.

Turn 225
Nothing special.

Just a side note. I do not know who named one of our fleets The Final Solution, but it pains me to use this name. It refers to the Nazi German solution to their Jew problem: To kill them all. I feel that the reality that it comes from is too cruel to be used in this casual way as a name of one of our fleets.

SotS1-SG15 T225.sav

Trygvasson

Post by Trygvasson » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:28 pm

Good point Ivra - no point having a fleet name that may offend, in a game that contains the option of genocide. Let's change it to something nicer.

Return to “T.A.R.”