Backwards compatibility

A lot of gamers means a lot of opinions - share and discuss them here.

Moderator: castewarkp

Svankensen

Backwards compatibility

Post by Svankensen » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:16 am

So, i was meaning to go and give the vainilla Pit a rerun or 3, and then i remembered the metric ton of problems it gave me when i tried it the first time. It basically forces you to delete recipes, fiddle with the registry and probably delete records too. And for the life of me im not willing to go for those recipes again (I still havent been able to get any of the engineering ones), i absolutely loathe the mechanic to begin with and i like my records and achievements. So... I would love it if there were a menu to choose versions or at least if you uninstall and then install the vainilla game he could see recipes in the registry that arent in its database and say "Oh, these arent mine, i will ignore them" instead of "WTF IS THIS I'LL CRASH AND WONT EVEN POP A MESSAGE". I had to actually stumble into the error log (cause, while i still love you guys, you didnt even hint at the existence of the log when i asked about my troubles) to discover what was wrong... So, anyway, i would love some backwards compatibility, vainilla pit was very good and is much simpler, has 10 floors less and is more beginner friendly. Its a more relxing version wich i love (who plays roguelikes to relax, again, but whatevs).

BlueTemplar

Re: Backwards compatibility

Post by BlueTemplar » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:50 am

You could just write down your recipes?

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:39 am

Yeah, and then be unable to use bosting items for them, or just know your chances? Thats a workaround, and a bad one at that. You really dont wanna fail that chitin armor, nor the adamantium claws. Lots of times if i the odds to fail are too big i just wait a few floors. Anyway, i just hope they make it so the game doesnt crash if you "downgrade" your version. Cause, you know, they are pretty different games depending on wich expansions you have.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:54 am

first world problems

Return to “Suggestions”